Chapter 29- The Dinner

Tris P.O.V

I get home and walk through the front door. I walk into the kitchen and see Jill and Emma talking.

"Hey" I say. They look at me and smile.

"Hello" Emma says.

"How was your day?" Jill asks. I shrug.

"Average. Hey could I have my boyfriend over to dinner to meet you guys?" I ask.

"That would be great" Jill says. I smile at her.

"I'll tell him to come over at 4:30" I say and run upstairs. That gives me an hour to get ready.

I get to my room and fling my backpack on my bed. I go to my desk and pull out my phone.

Text convo.

Hey, come over at 4:30 for dinner- T

Kay, see you then- U

End of convo.

I look up and see Emma standing in front of me.

"Yes?" I ask her.

"Can I help you get ready?" She asks. I smile and nod at her.

"Let's go pick out a dress." I say pulling her with me to my closet.

She looks through all my dresses, deciding which I should wear. She picks out a cream colored lace dress. She walks back over to me and hands it to me.

"Now for shoes" she says walking back into my closet. She comes back with a matching pair of heels.

I go into my bathroom and change while she waits in my room. I walk out and she smiles.

"Can I help with your makeup?" She asks.

"Sure, what makeup should I wear?" I ask. She grabs light pink lipstick and some light blush. I apply the makeup and turn to face her. She gives me a thumbs up while smiling. I laugh at her. She takes my hand and we walk downstairs.

I see Jill, Robert, Justin and Uri already at the table. I smile at Uri and sit next to him. Uri reaches under the table and grabs my hand. I give his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"So Uriah, what activities and sports are you in?" Robert asks.

"I'm in football and also in a band." Uri says.

"Oh cool" Jill says.

We finish dinner and Uri has to go. I walk over to the front door with him. I kiss him goodbye and he walks out. I go up to my room and change into pajamas. I finish my homework and it's only 9.

I lay on my bed and pull out a random book. It's 'panic' which I love. (A/N this is an actual book and it's amazing and you should read it.)

I'm almost a quarter of the way through when I realize it's 10. I put the book on my nightstand and turn off my light. I slowly drift off to sleep.

A/N sorry for the late update and sucky chapter. I have a good idea for the next one though!