Chapter 32- The Performance

Uriah P.O.V

I'm walking down the hallway when I hear someone running up behind me. I turn around and see Tori coming towards me.

"Uriah. Do you have a minute?" She asks.

"Uh yah" I reply.

"Would you be interested in singing a solo and then a duet to raise money for the school? You can pick the solo song." She asks. I think for a moment.

"Ya, sure." I reply

"Okay, you are meeting to practice the duet tomorrow (Friday) in my office during 3rd hour. I already talked to your teacher." She explains.

"Who am I doing the duet with?" I ask.

"You'll see" she smiles and walks away. I raise my eyebrows and walk the other way.

{ Time lapse ~ Next day }

I walk down the hall in the opposite direction than usual. I get to the music area and walk to Tori's office.

I get to the door and hear faint singing coming from inside. I stop and listen, but I can't tell who it is.

I open the door slowly and the singing stops. I see Tori sitting in a chair across from Tris. Wait, am i doing the duet with her?

Tris looks up and sees me, then looks back down. Tori looks at me weirdly and I shrug. Tori gets up.

"Well, you two pick a song and practice. You can use any instruments you want. I have a meeting but you can leave when the bell rings." She says and walks out. I look over at Tris and she looks up at me.

"Are you actually gonna talk to me or ignore me like at lunch yesterday." Tris says getting up and going over to the piano.

"At least I wasn't the one who cheated."

"I didn't cheat! I was with a friend from California that was visiting." She yells, her tone getting harsher. "You know what, lets just put our feelings aside for now and pick a song. We have 1 hour." She says pulling out her laptop.

"What about that one?" I ask pointing to one. She nods.

"Yah, lets practice."

Tris P.O.V

{ Time lapse ~ Next day }

I wake up at 8 in the morning. I have to be at the school at 12 to warm-up. I get up and take a long shower. I get out and it's 8:30. I go into my closet and take out the clothes Chris picked last night. I change and go into my room. It's 9 so Chris should be here soon.

I go downstairs and eat an apple while I wait. I finish just as the doorbell rings. I answer it and Chris is standing there. She smiles and pushes me up to my room. She pulls out the make-up she forced me to buy and starts applying it. She does foundation, lip gloss, and a really cool smokey eye. She takes my curling iron and put loose ringlets in my hair. She leaves it down.

"Now I'll be there 30 minutes before the show starts to do your touch-ups. And you better leave now or you'll be late" she says. I look at the clock and its 11:35.

"Thanks Chris." I say. I grab my purse and run downstairs. I slip on my heels and drive to the school.

I get there just in time. I go to the auditorium and see Uriah already there. I go up on the stage with him and Tori.

"Okay guys I'm excited for tonight to find out your songs!" She says. I smile at her.

We go into the connected music room and do warm-ups for an hour. When we finish, we walk out and Chris is standing there impatiently.