Chapter 37- Birthday

Tris P.O.V

After playing C or D at 4's house we all sleep over. On Sunday morning we have cereal for breakfast then Christina drives me home.

I walk inside and go upstairs to my room. I pull out my weekend homework, and start working on it.

Christina P.O.V

Group chat with~
Uri
Willy ❤️
Zeky
Lynn pie
Mar
Shauny
Number 4

Guys, this is important - me

What is it? And why isn't Tris in this chat? - Zeky

I have some information that Tris isn't telling us. - me

What? Is she secretly an illegal immigrant from Russia? - Lynn pie

No, it's her birthday tomorrow! - me

WHAT! AND SHE DIDNT TELL US? - Shauny

I know. So I was thinking that we all embarrass her at school and then I will bring her to someone's house and we can have a party! - me

I'm good with that. The party could be at my house. Should I invite other people then the group? - Uri

No. Let's just do the group. - Mar

End of chat

I put my phone down and look at the time. It's 2'o clock pm already. I grab my backpack out of the corner. I shove all my school stuff in there.

I go over to my desk and grab some colorful paper and markers. I start making signs to put all over Tris's locker.

{ next day }

Tris P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of my stupid alarm. Ugh, Monday. I get up and take a shower.

I curl my hair into loose ringlets and leave it down. I put on mascara and do a simple smokey eye. I go into my closet and put on some clothes.

I go downstairs for breakfast and no one is there. I look over at the counter and see a plate of pancakes and a note.

Tris,
Happy birthday! We're sorry we can't be there.
Grandma was put in the ER again. Have a good day!
~ Jill, Robert, Justin, and Emma

I put down the note and look over at the pancakes. There's two rather large ones with whip cream. I put them in the microwave and quickly eat them. Once I finish I put my plate in the sink and put my shoes on. I open the garage door to go to my car but someone else's is in the driveway. I walk out to the car and see Uri inside. I go over to the passenger side and knock on the window. He rolls it down.

"What're you doing here?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Giving you a ride." He replies smiling. I shrug and get in the car. He backs out of the driveway and starts driving towards the school.

We get to school and Uriah parks. We get out of the car and he walks me to my locker.

We get to my locker and there is happy birthday signs all over it. they are very colorful and each one is made and signed by a person in our friend group.

I look over at Uriah and he is smiling his big goofy grin. I open my locker and put my bag in. I grab my books and say bye to Uri.

As I walk to first hour I think about how they found out it was my birthday. They didn't know last year and I didn't tell anyone out side my family. I get to first hour and go to the back with Chris and Shauna.

"Did you guys decorate my locker?" I ask them. They both smile.

"Maybe" Shauna says. We stop talking because Ms.Kruger stands up. She walks to the front of the class.

"I have been told that today is a very important day for someone here." She says. Oh gosh. "It is Tris's birthday!" She continues.

I blush when everyone turns to look at me. I HATE all the attention on me. Everyone in the class starts off pitch singing / screaming happy birthday, making me blush even more.

Every single class is the same. I have one of my friends in every single class. When Chris and I get down to the lunch room everyone is already there. We get our food and sit in our usual spots.

"Okay, how did you know it was my birthday." I ask as I sit down.

"Well Christina sent us-" Uri starts before Zeke covers his mouth. I look over at Chris.

"Okay, I overheard you talking with your brother if you were going to do anything for your birthday. So, I waited for you to tell us, but you didn't! I was forced to do a surprise." she says.

"Okay but no more birthday stuff. And if any of you got me a present return it or keep it. I don't want you to spend your money on me." I say looking around. I start eating my food while everyone has a conversation.

"Hey Tris" Uri says. I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you sure about that whole gift thing because I got you a gift and I can't really use it." he says. I smile.

"Okay but only from you." I say kissing his cheek. After lunch I go back to class. There is no more birthday stuff which I'm thankful for. I get a text from Chris.

New chat with: Chrissy
( Tris- bold / Chris- italics )

Hey

Hey

I have a question

Yeah?

Since you don't want ANY birthday stuff, which I'm super sad about, can I at least take you shopping?

Fine. We can go after school today.

Yay!

End of chat.

Well, this will be fun.