Chapter 30- The Assembly

Tris P.O.V

I wake up to my stupid alarm going off. I turn it off and get up to shower. After my shower I go into my closet. I put on skinny jeans and a cropped tshirt with cheetah print on it. I slip on my black heels.

I walk downstairs and grab an apple. I go out to my car and get in. I drive to school and park in my usual spot. I go to my locker and put my bag and books in it. I grab the stuff I need for first hour and start down the hallway.

I'm walking down the hall when I hear my name being called. I turn around and see Steven. He catches up to me but I keep walking.

"You blew me of after school yesterday." He says. I roll my eyes.

"We never made plans. Plus I was busy anyway." I say.

"Oh yeah, Doing what?" He asks.

"Having dinner with my boyfriend." I say. I see a flash of disappointment on his face, but it's gone as quick as it appeared.

"Well, I gotta go. Bye" he says running in the other direction. I walk into the classroom and sit next to Chris.

"You've been hanging around with Steven a lot. Is anything going on?" Chris asks.

"What!? No, ew" I reply. She puts her hands up in mock surrender.

"Just asking." She says.

~~~~~~

During lunch the principal goes to the front of the lunch room where there is a microphone.

"Attention students, after lunch please make your way to the auditorium." The principal explains.

When we are done eating we put back our trays and start down the hall. We make it to the old auditorium and sit in a clump towards the back.

I'm sitting in between Uriah and Zeke. I'm also sitting right behind Chris. I start kicking her chair. She turns around,

"Which one of you is kicking my chair" Chris ask. I point to Zeke. She turns and glares at him and he shirks down in his chair.

The principal then walks on the stage in the front. The talking quickly subsides except for a few kids behind us.

"Alright, this assembly is mostly just the monthly assembly we have. I'll be going through spring sports announcements as well." The principal says.

The kids behind us are still talking through this. I turn and look at them. They're a year younger than us.

"Okay anyone who is doing or thinking of doing a spring sport should listen. Sign ups will be tomorrow for track, baseball, and softball. They will be next week Tuesday for all other sports" He says.

Zeke turns around and shushes them. They stick their tongues out and I roll my eyes. The principal finishes his miscellaneous announcements and we are all dismissed.

Uriah P.O.V

{ time lapse ~ end of the day }

The end bell finally rings. I go to my locker and shove my things in my bag. I walk out of the school and over to my car. I hop in and drive to Starbucks.

I get there and hop out of my car. I walk in and over to the counter.

"Hey do you have any job openings?" I ask the person at the counter.

"Ya. We need more people working the counter after school. Could you do that?" He asks. I nod. "Great you're hired.

I walk behind the counter with him and he shows me where everything is. He tells me to go and clear some tables.

I walk out to the seating area. I clear off the trash on a table. I move to the next one. I look up and see some guy my age I don't recognize.

He's sitting across from a girl. A girl I know and recognize. I set down my bucket and walk over to them.

"I can't believe you Tris!" I say. They look up at me and Tris looks shocked.

"Uriah, since when are you a barista?" She asks gesturing to my apron.

"That's not the point. You're cheating on me." I say gesturing to the guy.

"Uri, no. That's not what this is." She says staring to explain.

"No, we're over" I say cutting her off.

"Uri wait," she says. But I'm already walking away.