What The Future Holds

--Timeskip-- 

Barry awoke from his peaceful sleep with Caitlin still her in blissful slumber, today was a very special day, sixteen years, it had been sixteen years since Kara crash landed on Earth, and sixteen years since Barry adopted Kara. In his eyes it was the best decision he's ever made, right next to asking Caitlin to marry him, and since then Barry's never been happier in his life. Sixteen years since Myriad and Caitlin and Barry are still happily married together, Frost was married to a guy named Hal Jordan and living in Coast City with her daughter she came down to visit every now and then but Barry and Caitlin understood why she couldn't visit more often. Most of Barry and Caitlin's kids have left the house to explore their own lives, except one of course.

"Mom, Dad!!" Dawn said speeding into their room.

"Hey sweetie." Barry said sitting up as she sat on their bed 

"Is Kara coming over?" She asked excitedly

"Yeah, everyone is, today is the day i adopted your sister." Barry said as Dawn giggled in excitement

"I can't wait." Dawn said speeding back downstairs. Dawn still couldn't believe her plan worked, she saved her dad and she wasn't a fugitive, she finally had the life she wanted.

Caitlin woke up to her daughter jumping on their bed and talking with excitement. She smiled and sat up and leaned her head on Barry's shoulder

"Sixteen years huh?" She said smiling

"Yeah, and it's our anniversary soon." Barry whispered kissing the top of her head

"We don't need to do anything fancy, i just want you, that's it." Caitlin smiled

"Okay Cait." Barry chuckled as she wrapped her arms around him 

///////////////////////

The twin speedsters of Central City, now a happily married, crime fighting couple. Jesse and Alyssa Allen, two people who deserved eachother more then anyone. Sixteen years of marriage and they are still going strong, they even adopted a twelve year old kid named Lucas Wodd. Barry's example of taking a young kid you had everything taken away from them is what inspired Jesse and Alyssa to take Lucas into their arms and home. He brought a light into their lives that they didn't know they needed, and Kara's words all those years ago came back to Jesse.

'A family you never knew you needed'

"Lucas wake up, it's Auntie Kara's birthday today." Jesse whispered sitting on her son's bed

"Really?" He asked excitedly sitting up

"And if you don't get dressed in the next few minutes, Grandpa Barry will give you no cake." Alyssa said leaning on the door frame as Lucas nodded and ran to his closet. Jesse walked up to her wife and gave her a kiss

"I can't believe it's been sixteen years since Barry adopted Kara." Alyssa said in shock

"I know, she's going to be so excited." Jesse chuckled thinking about her bubbely little sister. They heard sirens go off in the city and sighed. 

Ever since Myriad, Barry officially retired from The Flash and became a full-time father and husband. Jesse, Alyssa and August became the new protecters of Central City until a woman in a blue suit and a red cape with a 'S' on her chest made her apperance. Since then Supergirl, Velocity, Sonic and Godspeed have been the guardian angels of Central City. 

"Mom, are you going to go be a hero?" Lucas asked excitedly

"Of course, but i love being your mom more." Jesse chuckled kissing his forehead as a white blur sped through the streets. A hero in the making, Quickbolt, more commonly known as Dawn Hope Allen.