CHAPTER 35

Didn’t get a good night’s sleep. Was fully awake when Demilade walked into the bathroom at three. I yawned loudly. I got sleep at around 5 this morning but I couldn’t sleep in as I had to wake up by 7 to prepare breakfast for Demilade and unfortunately, his dad, too.

I stood up from the bed after my annoying alarm woke me, and I staggered back to bed. My head was spinning and soon everything turned pitch black. It went away after a while of sitting and so I tried to stand up again, but this time gently.

  It worked, but then I noticed something else. My body hurts. It hurt to walk too, but I went downstairs, anyway.

I switched on the lights to some parts of the house and headed for the kitchen when a knock startled me. My heart beat raced from the shock. I walked to the door to find my father-in-law outside banging on it.

I stared in awe for a while. He looked really pissed. I opened the door slowly. Demilade, who looked drowsy as he came down the stairs has heard his banging.

“Good morning, sir,” I greeted mockingly.

“There’s nothing good about this morning. Who locked the door? I had to sleep in my car.” He blurted, and I stifled a laugh.

“Did you lock him out?” Demilade asked, rubbing his hands over his face.

“I thought he was home. It was really late in the night. Guess I forgot. I’m so sorry, daddy.” I said, staring at him. He walked away without replying, and I didn’t really care.

My dizziness returned, and I walked to the chair to take a seat, holding my head in my hands. I was cold and my head throbbed. It hurts all over.

“Hey. Are you okay?” He gently lifted my head up. I stared up at him and watched as he lifted his hands to my neck. It tickled, and I giggled.

“You are burning up” his face turned from amused to worry in a matter of seconds.

“I’m sure it’s nothing. Whoo is going to make breakfast?” I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. Then almost fell to the ground.

“You are not working today. I need you to stay at home.” He told me as he led me upstairs.

He placed me gently on the bed.
“I’ll be right back.” He left while I tried to lie. I must admit every movement hurt. It felt like someone was injecting me with a syringe.

He walked back in moments later with a with a plastic bag and a cup of water and I knew instantly what was in the bag. Drugs...my worst enemy.

“I don’t like to use water.” I told him sitting up.

“I promise you it’s not bitter” I wanted to throw a tantrum, but the look on his face wouldn’t let me. I took the drugs from him and quickly shoved it up. Its horrible.

I planted a quick kiss on his lips before laying again.

“You stay home and get well OK.? I need to get ready for work.” He stood and headed for the bath when I remembered I had to tell him something.

“Demilade wait” I said. I tried to shout, so he’d know the urgency, but it only came out in a whisper.

“Not today. You are not talking your way into going.” He said and his back disappeared into the bathroom. So much for telling him everything. I can still tell him tomorrow.

“Don’t you dare stress yourself today, OK?”

“I’ll be back early.”

“You don’t have to worry,” I told him and after another kiss, he left. As soon as I shut the door, his dad was grinning at me before heading to his room. It felt like my first time in his office all over again.