CHAPTER 3

Thanks to those who’s made an effort to read, you guys got me motivated. Here is another chapter. Enjoy and please vote!!!
______________________________________

That week went by quickly. I didn’t see Demilade around, but I had a feeling I’d be seeing him again.

He had such an effect on me the last time. I felt an ache to experience it again. His eyes hovered over my face, making me feel like I was the only woman in the world.

I was almost afraid to see him again, but I also wanted to see him again, badly.

I sat in the office going through some files when Eliza showed up with her gossip face. She had a peculiar way of looking so alarmed at her brow scrunched up that you’d know that she was about to lay one on you.

I could tell she had juicy news by the way she arched her eyebrows and her lips pressed together.

She stood in front of my table hoping I would ask her what the news was as she continued to clap her hands together and shake her head vigorously.

“What is it, Eliza? You are disturbing me. Do you want to tell me something?” I asked, then I couldn’t take it any longer.

“I thought you wouldn’t ask… the news is that we have a new CEO. The boss is too old and so he has asked his son to take over the control of the company.” She said

“He’s the son... Which one?” I asked, although a part of me knew who it was.

“It is the youngest... Demilade,” she answered

“But I thought you said he is the head of the branch abroad.”

“That’s what I heard too. It’s not like I live with them.”

“I see where Racheal gets her attitude off.”

“You got that right.”

“Well, good for them. I think it’s for the best. New leadership will do us a lot of good. I am tired of playing hide and seek.”

I lifted my head to look at her because she didn’t respond to find her narrowing her eyes at me.

“What?”

“I bet you’d be delighted under his leadership.”

“Hey! You are crass, I swear.” I smacked her after the sexual joke clicked.

“Brace up. He’s been briefing the employees all morning, trying to get to know them. It would be our turn soon.” She said, then straightened her cloth.

How would I act in front of him? What would I say? I hated it when I got nervous. When I'm nervous, I'm usually not my best self. I wish she hadn’t told me, now that I am under pressure, but then I don’t like surprises either.

Soon he started calling people in my department. I wanted to run away, just make up an excuse, but I didn’t. I wonder why I have been coming up with ideas that can make me lose my job.

I watched as Eliza got called and how she walked back in sometime later. It was me and Chioma that were left. I felt my stomach turn and my heart skips beats, but I managed it to the door.

“Good Morning Sir” I greeted, playing with my long nails. Before I knew it, I am imagining all things that could go wrong. Like falling flat on my face.

“Good Morning,” he answered. His voice laced with seriousness and due diligence.

One thing that gets me drawn to a man is his confidence. He is gorgeous, and he knows it. Her hair was low but not too low. His caramel skin was very fresh. He looked so manly in the white shirt he wore with the sleeves rolled up at the elbow.