CHAPTER 15

She really slapped me!!!!!!

I held my cheek, that burnt from the slap. I looked at the triumphant smile on her face and I looked over to Demilade, who just stood there, eyes wide.

I painfully wanted to hurt her right now, but refrained from it. I knew if I advanced towards her, one of us would be with God in heaven today.

I didn’t know why, but something was funny. I started laughing out of nowhere. God! How I wanted to hurt her! I laughed so hard my head hurt.

 “Is she psycho?” She asked Demilade.

He stared at me like he had just seen an alien. I turned and left for my room. I sat on the bed, my chest heaving from all the anger I was feeling, and then I cried.

I cried because he did nothing. He said nothing. I would rather have my heart taken out of my body than cry in their presence.

I was restless. What do I even do in this situation? It would be embarrassing to face him. I picked up my phone anyway and made for the living room. The best thing to do in a situation like this is walk out.

   “Why did you do that?” I heard him ask her from when I neared them.

“Isn’t that your help? She wanted to sit down with us. She had to be taught a lesson.”

“She is not a maid or help. She’s the lady I told you. The one I had a fake marriage with. She made it possible for us to be together.”

“Oh! My bad! I thought she was your maid. Who cares?” She continued eating like what happened was normal.

“I care. You shouldn’t treat people like that.”

“What the hell?!” She slammed the pancake on the table.

“Are you taking her side? Are you in love with her now? Is that it?”

“Of course not. I am saying you can’t let your anger take control.”

   I gazed at the floor. Somehow, he’s hurt me more than she did.

That conversation is proof that Lucy was a mean person with anger issues. She even insulted Demilade multiply times.

When I couldn’t take their bickering anymore. I charged for the door but that wasn’t successful as lost my grip and fell. Quickly, I stood up and headed out.

My right leg hurt, but I pushed on. I had adrenaline pumping through my body that I didn’t feel the pain.

Away from home and walking down an unfamiliar street. Tears spilled from my face and I blinked it away. My tummy rumbled, and I realized I hadn’t eaten.

  I made my way down to a restaurant close to home that Demilade showed me. I didn’t want to get lost.

Thankfully, I had money in my purse. We had both been to the restaurant a few times, so I stayed there for as long as it takes.

  I walked in took a seat. The restaurant was a beautiful one. And the back-to-back sofas were really nice too. It’s a really cozy place that served any kind of dish. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel like eating any of them, but hopefully later in the day.

A server came around after a while and I told her the water would be fine for now. I took out my phone, texted Eliza on WhatsApp, and returned my dad’s calls.

“Hello sir”

“Hello. How are you? I hope all is well? How are you? Hope all is well? Why didn’t you pick up earlier?”