CHAPTER 21

I spent the day doing all kinds of things. There were some chores around the house that I did. I washed clothes and cleaned the entire house. It’s nothing I haven’t done before.

Growing up with African parent will teach you how to do things on your own. And it doesn’t matter to me, it’s not my place, it’s just courtesy to help with.

And I did so with music blasting off my head, so it was fun. I burst some uncoordinated moved and did dirty dancing too, the day would be incomplete without it.

Tempted to enter his room too, to clean and peruse, but I didn’t. I wouldn’t be staying true to myself if I did. After lots of work, I showered, ate leftover pizza and had a long nap, after which I woke up at around 4 o’clock.

I woke up and realized it was just me in the enormous house. He still wasn’t back by then, but I didn’t want to worry because I knew exactly where she was. I looked around the house and I thought I did a great job.

What do people do on a Saturday? Although I have spent half of the day sleeping, I wanted to make use of the rest of it.

I stepped out and the smell of trees and fresh air burst through my nose. It was the perfect evening to go on a picnic date. I conjured up the perfect scene as I made my way down the driveway. But not before locking the front door.

I looked around and something nudged me to go to Daria’s. We’ve been acquainted. She’s Demilade’s friend, and she’s nice. Daria’s the only fun person I know and also the only person I know around here.

I knocked on the door three times, imitating Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory, and I chuckled at my action.

“Hold on!” Daria called back before opening the door.

“Hey!” She smiled." What brings you here?"

“Is it not a great time? I could leave if you’re busy.” I told her

“Don’t be silly. Come on in.” She paved the way for me and I entered the house.

The first day met Daria, and I later heard she lives with her boyfriend. I thought they’d be like those couples we’ve seen many times in movies.

I thought the inside of the house would be ugly and the boyfriend was probably a crackhead, but I’m glad I was wrong.

The house is neat; the couches are nice looking. Not anything fancy, but it’s beautiful, regardless. A picture of whom I presume to be her boyfriend is on the wall.

“I love your home,” I told her as I took a sit on the soft couch.

“Thank you. What can I get you?” She said as she stood around?

“Water is fine.” I must admit, I’m a little nervous about leaving the house, but it’s nice. I sat down awkwardly, looking around, trying to make sure nothing was watching me.

“So, what’s up with you? She asked me as she handed me the water.” Stop looking like that."

“Like what?” I stared at the water for a while. Should I drink? Is it safe to drink?

“Like that, like someone’s out to get you. You are safe here.” She smiled and took a big gulp out of her drink.

“I’m sorry. Are you married?” I asked her.

“No. I have a boyfriend.”

“That’s nice.”

“Why are you here? Is everything alright?”

“Yeah. Home was boring, so I thought to come to say hi.”

“That’s wonderful. My friends don’t leave around here so it can get boring. I am glad you came.”