CHAPTER 31

Demilade Pov

The second day but what I like to call date came and I couldn’t help the anxiety brewing in my chest. I knew I had to make the best of it.

The visit to the aquarium made her happy, and I thought of an idea. I rose from the bed, grabbed my cell phone, and headed downstairs. I switched on my phone and I could see it was just eight at night.

I scrolled through my contact list and made a call to my PA. She’s very talkative, so I thought of ways to cut the conversation short. Abbey, as I fondly called her, is short for Abiodun and is one of my most trusted personnel.

Our relationship is a mix of personal and professional, but a little higher on the professional side. Right now, it’s a matter of life and death, so I didn’t care if any boundaries were being crossed.

“Good evening Abi night, sir.” She sounded tired and drowsy.

“Did I disturb your sleep?”

“No, sir, but a little. I was watching TV and also working on your schedule after eating an EBA. You didn’t because if I was sleeping, it’s your power to wake me. I sleep like a dead engine sir… I”

 I knew I made a mistake, the moment I asked that question. I have never met a creature like her before, she just doesn’t stop. She thinks I care to hear about the details of what goes on in her life, this late in the night.

“Look, let’s keep this as short as possible. I need you to get me some cupcakes, chocolates and ice cream tomorrow. Bring it to my house before nine pm,” I said quickly and thankfully it got her to stop.

“Sure sir. What are you planning sir? There is a place that I know that over you...”

“Abbey, do whatever you think is best. You can use coupons for all I care. Just get those things to me tomorrow.”

“Okay, Sir. I’ll get the best.”

“I know.”

Abbey is as much as talkative as she is and is one of the most hardworking people I have met. Nothing rattles her, that is why I praise her.

I hung up quickly and headed upstairs where I found Oyin still sleeping soundly.

************************************

Oyin’s Pov

I couldn’t sleep, I just lay there with my eyes closed. He thinks I’m asleep because I had my back to him. The past two days had been the best since I came here.

He’s been giving me his undivided attention which I’m thankful for but isn’t enough. It felt like he was trying to send me away on a lighter note. He’s been perfect and I don’t mean just physically, he’s been gentle and present. Listening to my rant with undivided attention. I see myself being with him for two years if he continues like this.

I strangely didn’t want it to end, which is sad because tomorrow is the last day.
Love had never been something I received easily. I have always known I was unlucky in love, but that has never stopped me from hoping. I can’t wait for tomorrow. To myself, I smiled.

Morning

I yawned out loud Nigerian-style before I rose from the bed. I stifled another yawn as I look at the other side of the bed to find Demilade gone.

I hurried downstairs, panicking. A nightmare I had about being all alone in a dark place made my fear worse. Before heading to the kitchen, I checked the bathroom, the game room, and the other rooms. I find him in the kitchen, the last place I expected to find him. I thought he left me.