CHAPTER 17

I cast a look at the person who saved me from falling, and it was none other than Demilade. He looked really beautiful from that angle, he’s full lip looked really tempting and that perfect jawline was tempting.

  He slowly and carefully raised me back up till I was standing perfectly on the heels. I still wasn’t as tall as he was, even in heels, but I wasn’t complaining. He kept looking at me and I guess he expected something.

“Thank you.” I told him, hoping that was what he wanted to hear from me. If I had fallen, i would have hurt myself badly. I stared down at my gown and it has ridden up my thigh, showing a lot more than I wanted it to.

I was carefully smothering down my dress to its original size when suddenly Demilade yanked my hands and held me at my wrist and he pulled.

  “What are you doing?” I tried to pull, but he wouldn’t bulge. I almost tripped again on the heels because he kept dragging me.

He dragged me back into the building and into an elevator. When it stopped, I saw we had reached the parking lot.

“Stop. What’s your problem? You are hurting me.” He didn’t even turn. We reached a parking space, and he just opened the door and forcefully carried me inside his car.

“Are you crazy? Let me out.” I yelled, but he didn’t seem to care. He entered the car after me, turned on the ignition, and drove. He looked pissed. I took the time to massage my wrist.

I knew I was in big trouble because of what I did, but I tried not to let the fear show. I looked at him several times, but he didn’t cast a look at me, not even once.

 What would he do to me? Would he beat me up or torture me? He’s never acted this way before and I didn’t know what to expect.

  He stopped the car, and I looked up to see where we were. He had brought me home to kill me. I found it difficult to climb down in my shoe but he got down from the car.

  I thought if running away instead of going in but I just mustered courage and went in. Everything was his fault entirely. He couldn’t handle his woman and he made me bring out my inner demon.

  I saw him drinking water in the kitchen and I just made my way down to my room.

As soon as I was inside my room, I locked the door and sat down on the bed. That went well, I thought.
I wondered why he didn’t try talking or to scold me. Maybe I shouldn’t have done that, I told myself. But if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t see Lucy and James shagging.

Now, that is some juicy secret. I wondered if telling him was wise. She’s not so high and mighty after all. I thought she was a lot of things, but a slut didn’t cross my mind.

I took off my shoes, earrings and without thinking, I headed downstairs. I am not one to run from a fight, and I am thirsty.

“What was that stunt you pulled at the office.?”

“Stunt? I don’t work in a circus.” I said and shrugged.

He rushed towards me and grabbed my hurting wrist, then making me drop the glass in my hand. That’s when I lost it. I pushed him with all the strength in my body.

“Can you stop with the wrist grabbing? I have had enough. It fucking hurts. Your girlfriend should be the one on the leash, not you.”

“What do you mean?”

“She fucking slapped me.” I said incredulously." You know what? Never mind, I obviously don’t matter here. If that’s not reason enough for her to be checked, maybe this will. She is sleeping with James. I saw them.”