CHAPTER 8

Demilade’s Pov

 “Hey” She opened the gate, and I watched as her eyes widened, almost popping out of its socket.

“Hi.” I knew it was only for a fraction of a minute and I got to stare at my pretend girlfriend soon to be pretend wife.

Oyinkansola, the name suited her well. She had this homely and desirable aura about her. She didn’t look wild, but she would pull off the wild girl look with the right accessories.

 She looked like she had just woken up. She wore a hood. The hood looked really cool on her. It was oversize, and she wasn’t really tall either. It showed just a little of her curves.

I had to smile. She looked really cute.

“What are you doing here, and how did you know I’d be home?” She asked me, suddenly making the smile vanish from my face.

“I own the company you work for. Your social life isn't what I expected after reading your file. I told her and she looked down. Was she embarrassed? Maybe I shouldn’t have said that.” I thought.

“Can I come in? It’s cold out here.” I asked her

  “Sure” I watched in amusement as she struggled with the gate. I didn’t interfere because I found it funny.

The walk inside was oddly quiet, as none of us said anything. I let her lead the way, as I have never been here before. She should be the first to step on the bobby traps if there were any." I chuckled inwardly.

  “Let’s hurry. I’m cooking inside,” she said, looking at me. Her eyeballs were strangely bright and enticing while her black iris stood out. She increased the pace at which we were both walking, and I followed suit. She can be really bold sometimes.

  I loved her small apartment, for I concluded as I walked in. Its cute, painted it in many colours. I wondered why, but they all blended well. The house was really colourful and bubbly.

“Nice place you’ve got here and something smells nice” I truly loved her house and I could smell noodles from somewhere inside.

“Thank you.” She looked around again like she hadn’t been living in it. She’s really calm and collected. An introvert, I noticed.

“Would you like some noodles and hot beverage,” she asked.

I wanted to say no, but I reconsidered it

“Sure.” I’m going to be married to her, anyway. I needed to trust her if the relationship was going to work.

She took her time in the kitchen, that’s for sure, but I was glad I didn’t turn down the food. It battled with the cold I felt before I walked in.

“My dad finally agreed,” I said, admits the meal. I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of seeing Lucy. My Very super hot Oyinbo girlfriend. When we made love...

“No wonder… I stopped thinking about Lucy at the sound of Oyin’s voice.” Why didn’t you start with that?" She pouted. “I’m happy for you.”

  She smiled wildly. I had seen her smile before, but this was something else. She looked beautiful, full of life, and weirdly happy for me.

I wanted her to be jealous of me and Lucy was as selfish as that may sound, but seeing her like this puts my mind at ease that she doesn’t like me or have feelings for me.

She doesn’t like me? It’s strange though, every woman I have met in my life has, at some point, being in love with me. I am sure she is, and she’s only pretending. I guess it would be fun to tease her along the way.