Chapter 20

(Briar's POV)

After the emotional moment, Apple went to receive her card and the two bags.

She sniffed. "Thank you hh-hh so much Shoe Lover," Briar handed her a tissue and she wiped her wet face. Some of her blonde strands were stuck to her face. "I really appreciate this, and of course your forgiven."

She took a look at her bags. "I guess it is time to move on, but that doesn't mean I won't hold on to my memories with you. You will always have a place in my heart, forever and ever after."

The crowd applauded as she went off stage to her seat.

"Thank you so much Apple." Briar picked another card. "This one is for Raven Queen, wow! It reads:

Hey Ray,

I know you hate the writing formality for letters so, I went best with a casual greeting. Um, I just want to say thank you for being there for me, for literally entering my life.

Thank you for shaping me into the better person I am now. The way you have boosted my confidence has made me to fall for you in the best possible ways.

"Aww, oh I'm sorry but I had to stop for this one." Briar read on.

You see, before, I thought that it was just a simple crush on you, and I was afraid it was going to fade. But now that I've gotten to know you better, to actually see the person you truly are, my eyes only linger on you.

I can't not think about you, can't not say your beautiful name.

Raven.

Whenever I utter that, I feel butterflies building up inside me, and I can't stay without you even for a second. Raven, you have no idea how crazy in love I am with you, and you know me, I have zero guts to say this to your face, or I'd be lost in your beautiful eyes for days.

You're my sunshine, my own unique sunshine. And if you ask anybody, I'm sure they'd call it love.
I call it that too.

So, I really want to say those three magical words to you in this letter, but that won't show how much I. . . . you were gonna catch me there.

Happy True Hearts Day, I'll steal you away to say them in private.
Instead I'll say, I heart you.

From the guy who wants you happy,
You'll Figure It Out.

"Wowwww!!" Briar screamed as the room was filled the loudest applause ever. "Wow, wow, wow, triple-gazillion wow. I mean, woww!"

The applause died down after a few moments. "God wow. No way, this is a true exception of a True Hearts Day card. Raven!"

The crowd cheered even more as Raven made her way to the stage, blushing madly.
The noise quietened soon.

Briar grabbed two bags and rest her arm on Raven's shoulder. "My darling future sorceress, future Evil Queen, how do you feel?"

Raven was sweating from the heat and happiness in the room. "I don't know what to say. Words won't say how happy I feel right now. I'm really thankful to the person who took his time to write this to a person like me. A person who he thought was unique. Thank you so much for the best wishes."

Briar handed her the bags and her card, and she went off stage in a whoop of applause.

Briar read all the other letters until she came to the last one.
"The very last but not least goes to, Madeline Hatter, wow! I'm curious, it reads:

Dear Madeline

I don't know where to begin to say how grateful I am to have a friend like you. Have I ever stopped to tell you that you are the most riddle-tastic, nonsensical Wonderlandiful friend I've ever had in my life?