Chapter 16

(Duchess's POV)

In the woods, Duchess picked a flower and inhaled it's scent deeply.

"Mmm, how beautiful. I wonder what else there is to compliment on with such rare beauty, don't you think, Cedar?" She said, loudly enough for the wooden girl to hear.

Cedar turned round and smiled politely. "You were speaking to me?"

"Yes, I did mention your name."

"I know. I don't know what else there is to pick as a rarely beautiful object."

Duchess narrowed her eyes. "Well is that so? I see. Well," she followed Cedar slowly, "I just thought that there is something more beautiful than this. How about, today?"

"Today? Yes, today is a lovely day. Just like any other." Cedar replied genuinely.

She widened her eyes, wanting to explode. She was done beating around the bush, it was time to get to the point.

"So, you know about the THD party right?" She sweetened her voice.

"Er, yeah, I do. Why do you ask?" Cedar figured it was time.

"You know why, the head must know about this."

"But, why? Are you going to tell on Apple and the whole school?" Cedar knitted her brows in fear.

"What does it freaking look like I want to do? You know perfectly well that what she's doing is wrong, and you're coming with me to the head."

"But, she doesn't deserve this. Apple is a nice person." She fumbled with her basket.

"Really Cedar? Do you really think a nice person lies and disobeys rules? Do you really?" Duchess gave her a dramatic stare. Her plan was working; Cedar was fooled completely.

"No," she blurted truthfully. "Duchess," she sighed, "maybe you're right. Maybe she isn't so nice. I'm sorry for not telling the head sooner." Cedar hung her head in shame.

Duchess smirked and continued her scenario. "Before it's too late and Apple gets away with it, come with me. We have to do this together because we want to stand up for what is right."

Cedar nodded and followed her back to the school.
Duchess saw Sparrow having a fit of immense laughter behind a tall tree. She flashed him a triumphant grin.

Apple, your days are so over, the Black Swan thought in her genius brain.

                        🎈🎀🎁

(Maddie's POV)

The air had a sizzling mood to it, which enticed many students in a happy mood. An enormity of people were arriving at Crystalline Hall for the big party of the year.

Maddie and Raven gave in their invitations to the bodyguards in tuxes (summoned with the help of Raven herself; her sorcery was improving massively).

The girls were ushered in after a group of others who were first to sigh in amazement of the hall.

"Wowww," Maddie said, her eyes glistening.

"Whoooaaa," said Raven.

Crystalline Hall was one of the top halls to be hired, and one of the most expensive ones. It was very beautiful on its own, but Apple White and her crew managed to embellish it with great elegance.

The high ceiling was covered in fairy lights with the colours violet, indigo, pink, red, white and purple.
Heart-shaped lanterns were hung in the dim light, at the rim of the ceiling, as well as balloons and streamers dangling from the hall's perimeter. The hall was filled with circular tables that surrounded the spacious dance floor, covered in blood red table covers, and red heart-shaped flowers stood strong in their vases at the center of the tables. The music boomed from the speakers.

Drinks and glasses were set on the tables, as well as plates, forks and knives. The chairs were covered as well.

The girls took their seats at a corner table, nearest to the restrooms.

"Apple is the best, one of a kind." Maddie gaped widely.

"I know right?" Raven scanned the hall, "And the best part is, it's in secret."

"She is so sweet." Maddie re-glossed in her mirror, while Earl Grey popped out of her stylish Hat of Many Things, yawning with a tiny teacup in his hand.

Raven checked her watch. "When is the host arriving? People are starting to fill up the place." She said as she watched people giving in their invitations and taking their seats.

They all had brand new outfits of course, but not everyone was in a dress.

Raven wore black ripped high-waisted jeans, a beige baggy crop top, and strapy sandals. Today she curled her hair up, and now they are cute wavy locks and brown-purple bangs.

Maddie wore a transparent dark blue top (she obviously wore a bra inside it), a short flared high waist black skirt with thin pantyhose and black open-toe ankle boots. Her big triple-coloured curly hair was tied up into a high ponytail with a hat beret on the side.

The besties looked absolutely gorgeous!

Their makeup was stunning, in fact, every girl in the hall had to-die-for makeup and outfits.

"So," Maddie folded her hands, "while we wait, let's talk about you."

"Me? Why?" Raven said.

"Because," said Maddie, dragging the second syllable, "you went on a date a few days ago. We have to see if a relationship is going to form." She wiggled a brow.

"It has already formed." Said Raven. "Friendship is the one and only ship I sail on with him."

Maddie's face fell. She was hoping they at least became date mates, if not boyfriend and girlfriend yet. She was going to make sure the Relation Ship had very strong winds beating them.

"Don't you like him?" She said a moment later.

Raven fidgeted nervously. "Dexter is a great person, very interesting."

"Answer the question Raven."

"Okay fine, yes, yes, I do like him." She paused for a moment. "Actually, I really like him. I love everything about him." She blushed under the lights.

"Well if you like him so much, tell him. It's True Hearts Day today, your big chance to confess your feelings has arrived."

"I can't do that, I'm a whack."

"No your not. If you were, you wouldn't even have the guts to dress up and come to the party today. You're way better than that so, you can do it. Tell him when the time is really right, okay?"

Raven nodded bravely. "I'll seriously give it all I got."

Maddie smiled. "Good. For now, we'll be waiting for the grand party to begin for real."

They passed time on their MirrorPhones.