Chapter 10

(Dexter's POV)

The carriage rode down a path in the cool breezy evening.
After they left the school, they rode in silence, feeling awkward and lost for topics.

"Um, you can wear my jacket if you're cold." Dexter offered.
She manifested a black puff jacket.

"I'm always prepared." She smiled, trying to steady her mind.
They got to their destination and hopped out, and the coach rode away.

They were in the place, which was filled with stringed lights at the corners of the walls.
They both ordered separate buckets of popcorn.

"So, did you book a movie already or should we choose now?"

"I-I did book a m-movie." He said.

"Okay, then let's go in."

Dexter followed behind nervously, wondering if this was the worst movie he had been forced to pick by none other than Hopper Croakington.

In this cinema, there weren't any cinema seats, but there were lots of picnic blankets and soft pillows.

They both plopped on the blanket and ate their popcorn, waiting for the movie to begin.

The two noticed in a second that they were the only ones not kissing or giggling with each other. And they realised this was a couple's cinema.

Urgh Dex! Why did you agree with Hopper about this movie? He thought nervously. Now look what you've done, its even more awkward than how you thought it would be! Thanks a lot, Mr. Hopper Romantic.

The movie began. To make things even worse, it was called Lover's Island.

(Raven's POV)

Raven seemed to be relaxed and mature watching the movie, but she noticed that Dexter was a bit nervous about this.

She watched with interest. She'd taken that the people in the movie were vampires and they were being separated from each other in a war.

In the middle of the war, in the Royal Hut.

"Please let us be together, I don't want to lose him", the vampire girl known as Vaitaliya pleaded with the stern master of the Yitanis colony, who was, unfortunately, her father.

"You knew this relationship was wrong from the start," he raised his voice above the noise of the raging war. "Why did you still go after him?"

"Because I love him, Father," she shot back. "I couldn't leave him to drown under the Cliffè Gorge. I truly love him Father, I'd do anything for him. I want to be with him!"

"You will not!"

"Why!?" She screamed with anger and pain. "I know, because you focussed on your pride more and that killed Mother! Now you don't want me to love at all!"

"Shut up young lady!" He raged. "How dare you use your mother as an excuse to shout at me?!"

"Urgh! You know what, leave me alone because I hate you! With all my heart I give you my hatred!" She hurried to her part of the hut and sobbed silently.

She hugged her knees and cried in her arms.

"Why doesn't Father understand that
I love Antoine?" She thought aloud. "He knows that Antoine is of the same breed, but the sworn-enemy alliance has gone to his mind to the point where he will hate every generation of that family."