Chapter 12

(Ashlyn's POV)

The couple couldn't look her in the eye, especially Ashlyn.

"What's going on here?" She said, her tone calm.
Ashlyn guiltily gazed at the floor, quiet as an ant.

"I asked a question, and I want it answered please." She glared.

Hunter finally looked at her.
"We're together, Apple." He said. "That's what's going on. You have some kind of problem with that?"

"Oh, and you're one to talk. You should know by now how big my problem is with rebellion." Apple said angrily.

"I guess I didn't care." Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Guys," Ashlyn raised her palms, "stop arguing. Hunter, this is between my best friend and I."

"Best friend? The person you've been treating as your worst enemy?" Apple said, her hands on her hips.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ashlyn, you're still talking? After all this? Am I seeing straight or what, because I'm not really sure if this is you." Apple said.

"It, it is me."

"You know exactly what this will cost you. And you Hunter, you're so desperate to ruin my story?"

"We're, we're sorry Apple—"

"Shut up! You are a liar."

Ashlyn froze.
"What?"

"You were secretly dating someone from my story!" Apple fumed. "How could you do such a thing Ashlyn?! Why do you wanna ruin your life?"

"I'm not ruining my life okay? I did this because I love Hunter—"

Apple cut her off. "Hunter is absolutely not the one who will go to any length to find his mysterious maiden with the glass slipper. Your story will vanish forever if you are rebelling against your destiny!"

Ashlyn's eyes welled up. She was so helpless; she didn't know what to do. She doesn't want to lose Hunter, but she can never afford to lose Apple as well. She had to choose between them, and she loved it when Apple didn't know her secret.

"You broke my trust!" Apple yelled with tears in her eyes. "You created the biggest lie I've ever seen today. Well done, and good luck finding a new best friend." Apple flounced off.

"Apple please!" The tears heavily flowed down Ashlyn's rosy cheeks. "I can explain. . . . " She sobbed.

Apple stopped. "Explain what? Huh? Explain that you've made a mistake?! Explain that this is a misunderstanding?! Huh?!"

Apple sighed.

"You know what?" She said. "I don't want your forgiveness anymore. I don't need it. And never ever think Apple White is ever going to forgive you, you hear me?"

Apple stared at the tearful girl in disgust.

"It's over and done with." She glared, her eyes almost popping out. "Finished. O-V-E-R over!"

With that, Apple speed-walked up the stairs to her first class. She didn't care that the bell hadn't rung yet, she was too fumed up.

"What have I done?" Ashlyn cried with flem stuck in her throat. "What have I done?"

She sob-ran out of the hall, leaving Hunter at the center of the room, trying but failing to understand what had just happened.

                      🎩🎩🎩

(Maddie's POV)

Maddie and Raven walked down the stairs to the Castleteria for lunch break. She kept bugging Raven about her date with Dexter.