Chapter 2

(Raven's POV)

Madeline Hatter invited Raven Queen to her table. Of course, she was a nervous wreck; getting to sit with the Mad Wonderlandians was a big, very appreciated privilege.

"C'mon!" Maddie patted the next seat. "Sit next to me. Hello everyone, this is my new friend, Raven Queen."

"We all know who she is, Maddie." Bunny Blanc rolled her eyes.

Alize Wonder dabbed the corners of her mouth from fizzle-cake fudge. "When are we having our annual meeting, your highness?"

"I'm sure we can hold it tomorrow, in room 32, next to Mr Badwolf's class." Elizabeth Hearts, who is called Lizzy for short, sipped her tea elegantly.

"Okay." Alize turned to her sister. "Alyssa, do you want to come with me to my friends?"

Alyssa smiled. "Sure."

They got up, dusted their red and maroon tutu dresses and quickly curtsied to Lizzy before they left.
Raven felt a bit awkward to be the odd one out.

"Raven," Maddie said, "this is my little sis Caroline. She a bubbly one, but Father has warned her to behave herself here, since she is now in high school. Right Carrie?"

The pink-and-lime-green-haired girl glanced up from searching in her Hat of Many Things and nodded at Raven.

"Yes yes." Carrie said in her squeeky voice.

Maddie continued. "That's our highness, Lizzy Hearts. Our Future Cheshire Cat, Kitty Cheshire, and her sister Catty Cheshire. That's Alistair Wonder, his mother is Aunt Alice, but Alize is the oldest and she will become the next Alice. That over there is Corbflaith Cromahi, but we call her Corbie the future wise snail of Wonderland. The last one of Aunt Alice is Alyssa. And that's Bunny Blanc, her father is the White Rabbit. That's it!"

"Wow," Raven said, "such a big family."

"Yes," Maddie took out a patterned ceramic plate of chocolate-butterscotch cake from her hat and sliced a little piece onto a smaller plate. "I'm really lucky to have such a mad family. Oh oh! I forgot my little brother Earl Grey."

Maddie knocked on her hat, and a little white mouse with a pink nose, wearing a long hat (just like Maddie's) and a lavender bow tie walked out of Maddie's hat.

"He is Uncle Dormouse's son," She said as she lifted him off her hat's pink rim, "and my little buddy who's always there for me."
She smoothed her bushy purple-and-turquoise and neon-green-and-lavender locks of hair down and placed her hat back on again.

Lizzy placed her red-ish maroon gerbil on the table.

"Little Shuffle needs a stretch, not so?" She stroked her pet's fur.

The brunch bell rang, and all the students rushed to their new dorms.

                         ♣♠♥

(Poppy's POV)

Poppy O'Hair walked up the stairs with her friends.
She is the daughter of the famous lady of hair, Rapunzel. She is 5 seconds older than her twin sister, Holly. But it turned out Holly has got all the hair, so she will become the next Rapunzel.

Poppy is totally cool with that; she's absolutely NOT into those fairytale things at all. She just wants to build a new band, and she was thinking of including Raven Queen.

As they walked to their dorms, Poppy was lost in her thoughts; she didn't hear what her friends were talking about.

"So Briar Beauty is setting up a Book-to-School party on Saturday, I can't wait!" Dana Gale said, sipping her cranberry soda.

"And I have no clue what to wear." Geneva Crumb sighed.

"She's obviously the master of parties, but in a minute, we'll spot her on the floor snoozing!" Alize said in her British accent, and sent her friends cracking up.

"Anyway," Melody Piper panted, "I'll play some awesome music to get the Book-to-School feeling rushing in. In the opposite."

"This is going to be the first party I go to in Ever After, I'm so excited!" Alyssa bobbed up and down in excitement.

"Me too!" Said Melody's little tooting sister, Musica.

"Its not really as thrilling as you think, we're back at school." Holly said. "Which means school feeling is coming back."

"I'm going for General Ballet," Justine Dancer said proudly, "I really hope that this year I make it to Advanced Ballet, then Tertiary Ballet, and finally, Senior Ballet, my main aim for the next four years."

"Does Duchess do that?" Geneva asked.

"What?"

"Your class of ballet." Geneva said with her 'duh!' face.

"No way, she's always on top of me, she does Advanced Ballet; I hope I make it till there." She said hopefully.

Poppy came out of her wonder world. "Is ballet interesting for you?"

"Of course, its in my blood." Justine did a few twirls as she spoke. "Duchess is jealous because I'll be living happily ever after with my prince."

"I am not."

The group got startled by her sudden appearance behind them. Seems she'd been listening in to their conversation.

"Got nothing better to do, Swanie?" Melody said, looking her up and down.

"More than enough babe. I just had to stop coz I heard my name being mentioned by her." Duchess frayed her face.

"Justine, I respect you with my heart, but not all of it. So by saying such negative and insecure unreal facts about me, it degrades my level of respect for you. This is supposed to the other way round, since I'm the older one here."

"Don't pick on any of my friends Duchess, you don't have the right to." Geneva frowned.

"Well she should've thought of that before she made that remark about me." Duchess stood in front of them and folded her arms, a gesture to say this is not ending now.

"I'm sorry you got offended, Duchess." Justine pity-faced herself. "We both know telling the truth is right obviously. But you gotta know something you've quite been missing: sometimes the truth hurts."

With that, Justine grabbed hold of her friends, who got the signal to chain up, and modelled away proudly.
With no regrets.

Ever After Highजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें