"Do you feel uncomfortable?" She asks urgently. "Are you hurting anywhere??"

Mrs. Jeon pulls away examining her son for any signs of pain or anything that was out of place. Jungkook's mind was slow, it took him a long moment to understand his mother's words.

He felt nothing, after all, he didn't feel like moving his body. It was too much work.

He takes in a breath to respond but stops himself when he feels something around his mouth and nose. His face contorts into confusion with his brows knitted together and his lips forming a frown. With great strength, Jungkook slowly lifts a hand to his face.

His fingers touch something soft and sturdy. It was smooth under his fingertips as it covered his nose and mouth like a shell. His eyes widen in horror.

"What the hell . . ."

His blood starts to run cold through his veins as panic finally sweeps its way into his system. He starts to breathe uncontrollably with his heart pounding against his chest. The beeping becomes loud and fast with his chest rising and falling at a fast pace.

"What is this?!" He screeches and takes off the mask.

"No, Jungkook!" His mother gasps and tries to put it back on his face.

Jungkook twists his head avoiding the cursed thing with a disgusted expression. He tries to push his body away from his mother but the stupid IV was keeping him where he laid. He yanks it off and places out a hand to push the mask away.

"Get that away from me!" He screams. "I don't want it!"

"But you need it, Jungkook!!" His mother shouts as she tries to push his hands away. "The mask helps!"

"No, it doesn't!"

Jungkook tries to escape but his father firmly holds his arms keeping him from jumping out of bed. "Son, you need to trust us." He states calmly.

Trust them?! Why should he? What will that damn mask do to help him?!

If anything it only makes him look like a helpless patient! He didn't need it, he could live without that cursed thing.

He thrashes on the bed trying to move away from his mother. He kicks wildly causing his mother to gasp and jump away.

He could feel the burning sensation again. It started in his chest and was slowly blooming all over his body. He grimaces at the pain but keeps resisting.

"I'm not weak!!" He shouts with a loud cough. "I don't need it!"

The wooden door loudly slides open revealing two nurses and Dr. Chen rushing into the room. And right on the doctors' tail was you.

Your eyes widen mortified at what you see. Jungkook moves his body wildly on the bed trying to release himself from his father's grip. His mother holds the mask trying her best to get close to Jungkook. His teeth are bared with his brows knitted together in a panic.

"Where are the sedatives?!" You hear Dr. Chen yell at a nurse.

Quickly you rush to him to help Mr. Jeon. Jungkook looks at you with tears welling in his eyes. "Help me, Jisun!" He pleads. "I don't want the mask!"

You bite your lip while pressing his shoulder firmly to the mattress. "I know, but you have to," you say as calmly as you could.

"No!" He cries. "I'm okay! I don't need it! You know that!"

You swallow down a sob with your chest aching. The panic in his eyes, the anguish in his voice it all stabbed through your heart.

You knew he hated the hospital from the start but you never realized how much he despised a mask. Jungkook struggles under your hold and you put all your weight on him.