•Thirty-Four

"Jungkook," you gasp in surprise

"Jungkook," you gasp in surprise. He stood a few feet in front of you, clearly surprised seeing you here as well. He stares at you with a questioning gaze, his lips turn into a frown as if he was solving a difficult math problem.

He wore a black parka and jeans. His hair was a bit disheveled like he was out on a run. You notice that in his hand was a plastic bag, he probably got some takeout.

"What's going on here?" Jungkook asks once more, this time louder so you could hear his voice over the city noise.

"Hey, Kook!" Seojun greets happily. "We're just about to head into a cafe."

Jungkook's brows furrow together, "A Cafe?"

"Yeah, you know the one down the street? We're going to that one."

You look away from Jungkook suddenly feeling somewhat embarrassed. You know he didn't hear your conversation but the fact that you were thinking about him in a attractive way and the fact he seemed like a good match didn't sit well with you.

You know you shouldn't think like that even if it was hypothetical. Jungkook would be uncomfortable by it.

Jungkook notices your expression and wonders if you were alright. Your cheeks were becoming crimson by the second and you seemed a bit anxious.
He took a step towards you both.

He opens his mouth to speak but sees Seojun wrap an arm around your shoulders. His eyes widen in shock and he quickly takes a step back. A stinging pain radiates throughout his chest and he presses lips in a fine line.

What is this? Why is Seojun doing that? Jungkook suddenly begins to fear the worst and feels the color in his face slowly disappear.

He knew what that action meant when a guy holds a woman like that. He wish he didn't know it though.

"Is this. . .Is this a date?" He asks timidly as if he was afraid to hear the answer.

Seojun lets out a shy giggle, "It could be."

You lightly shove him in the side with your elbow. "Or it won't be." You grumble.

"Aw, think about it, Jisun. We seriously look like the perfect couple!" Seojun exclaims. "Right, Kook?"

Taken aback by his question, Jungkook's mouth hung open with his face expressionless. Nothing was being processed in his mind, all he could do was stare.

His chest began to ache like a sore, his fingertips went numb as if he had gotten frostbite. Could Seojun like you too? Is that why he was taking you out to the cafe?

He grips the plastic bag in his hands. And here he thought he could maybe watch a movie and eat takeout with you.

He may have given up but the pain wouldn't go away. He looks away with a frown. It was driving him crazy.