Chapter 22: Lorcan d,Eath

I just want to let all my fans know that it was inexcusable for my absence in writing. I just couldn’t write for some odd reason. Writers block is an evil bitch. Don’t ever let it get to you like it got to me. But I’m back now because of the amazing DarknessandLight who brought me out of my writing and reading funk. You can thank her for my comeback :) So you guys probably skipped over this to get to the story, I wouldn’t blame you so here it is.

~*~*~*~*~

I was in headmaster’s office with Drinian. Professor Dumbledore was nowhere in sight. As we waited we ambled around the office inspecting all his trinkets.

I was focused on a bowl of wiggling candy, trying to figure out what it was, when a voice above called out to me. “Missy you shouldn’t be in here without the consent of the headmaster!” I looked up to see a man with a pointed hat and pointed beard glaring down at me.

“Quiet Phineas. They probably have a good reason why they have come,” Dumbledore said from the door. I jumped when I heard his voice.

I turned and gave him a sheepish smile. “Well sir, I think this is very important.”

“Let me hear it then,” He said with a kind smile as he walked to his desk.

I pulled out the letter from my cloak and gave it to him before saying, “I got it last week. I have no idea what to do. I hope you can help me.”

The professor nodded, “Of course. I want you to go to him. I want you to find out what he wants.”

I was a bit confused, “But he will take me away sir.”

“Not as long as I am still your headmaster he won’t. I will be sure of it. Take Haze with you. He will be of great help.” He smiled kindly before he walked away into another room.

“That was odd,” Drinian whispered in my ear. I was still staring at the door in which he disappeared. I nodded my head before walking out of the office.

~

The next morning I woke from soft kisses on my lips. I smiled before deepening the feather light kisses. Draco pulled me over top of him, having me straddle his waist.

“How about we stay here all day?” Draco asked, breaking our kiss.

I sighed leaning my forehead against his chest. I could hear his heart beat rapidly. “I wish but I have to go into Hogsmeade.”

“Well I’ll come with.” He pulled my face up to his and gave me another kiss.

“You don’t have to do that. You have been hanging out with me nonstop for a week. Go hang out with your friends. I bet they miss you,” I told him as I sat up. I realized I was sitting on his pelvis and he was a bit happy. Oh! Whoops. I was about to get off of him but he flipped us around and I was under him. I gave a little yelp as he did so.

He laughed at my reaction. “Are you already trying to get rid of me?”

I laughed, “Yeah right. I would never try to get rid of you. I love you.”

He gave me a genuine smile before placing his lips on mine. “I love you too,” he whispered.

In Hogsmeade, Drinian and I made our way to the Shrieking Shack. Haze flew above us as we walked. As we got closer to the shack I noticed that there was a light on in the upstairs window. He was there. Drinian took my hand and squeezed it.

Inside the Shrieking Shack we walked quietly up the stairs, Haze on my shoulder. We had to hold the banister just in case one of the stairs gave out. I closed my eyes, terrified of what lie behind that door. Drinian squeezed my hand harder before pushing the door open. I opened my eyes and looked in. There was no one there. I guess we were going to wait for him to come back. I stepped into the room before having the door slam behind me. I twirled on my foot to see my father leaning on the door. Drinian gasped beside me and Haze tightened his squeeze on my shoulder. Of course they would react this way. My father was a mess. His clothes were torn, his hair sticking up in every direction, his beard unkempt, and he didn’t even have any shoes on. He was on edge, which was obvious to see.

“I said to come alone!” My father hollered.

I flinched. Oh no! I just realized I shouldn’t have brought Drinian. “I’m sorry, I forgot.”

“No don’t say you’re sorry to that filthy scum!” Drinian yelled, taking out his wand.

My father snarled, “Shut up boy,” as I yelped in surprise, “Drinian!”

“Do you know who this is?” Drinian hissed at me as he kept his wand pointed at my father. I glared at him. Of course I knew who my own father was. “I mean, do you know what he has done. I guess not because you aren’t running out, screaming. Do you want to tell her yourself or should I?”

“I said shut up you filthy mongrel!” My father growled at him.

Drinian laughed, he even threw his head back from how hard he was laughing. “I’m the mongrel?! You need to use better words, because I can just throw them back. Mongrel,” He said in afterthought, still laughing.

“What is going on?” I shouted out. I was so confused.

Drinian kept laughing, “Tell her you mutt. Tell her how you are part wizard, part vampire, and now part werewolf. You are an abomination! I would be more sympathetic if you had been bitten on accident, but no you killed the beast and injected yourself with the venom. Now you are dying, you bastard, and I don’t feel sorry.” I was too shocked to say anything. I was too shocked to think anything. My mind was blank.

“I said shut up!” My father shouted as he leaped in the air at Drinian. In the air he changed into a large mangy wolf. Oh my God!

Haze left my shoulder and flew at the wolf. I reached out my arm to stop him, but I was too late. Haze was tearing at my father’s fur. Drinian was shooting spell after spell at him. No they were going to kill him! I couldn’t let that happen, even if my father was a beast.

“STOP!” I screamed. They all stopped, but I knew they were itching to kill each other. “Let me hear my father out,” I told Drinian. Then I looked at my father, “You so much as touch a hair on him I will let Haze tear you to pieces. Got it?” I look pointedly at him. He nodded in his wolf form before morphing back.

“Let me start by telling you the beginning of my story. I am Lorcan d,Eath: half wizard, half vampire until now I am also part werewolf. I have come to make you like me.”

Drinian and I gasped in unison before Drinian started screaming profanities.