Chapter 16: Paper Crabs

Its a bit short, sorry. But look on the bright side...the date is the next chapter! :-)

Banner is made by MissLya...its awesome isn't it!!!

That weekend was when I met my terror. Again.

In the dining hall, we all waited for the arriving schools. We talked among ourselves until the great doors were magically flung open. The sound of metal boots marching filled the Great Hall. Everyone’s heads turned toward the noise. In came boys dressed in fur coats and caps. Under that were layers of red robes. I bet they were sweltering in the garments. They all had blank expressions, making them look regal, as they swiftly strode to the front. A torch bearer showed off their school emblem out of fire with magic. It was startling but astonishing. The boys were being rambunctious about the performance. Ah, boys. They are so…idiotic, except for Drinian.

Next a mass of royal blue pigeons and teal butterflies flew through the doors and all over the hall. Oohs and aahs erupted from the most of the girls. Ladies in powder blue robes danced down the aisles. And there she was. Right beside the giantess, Madame Maxime, was no other than the one and only blonde devil, Fleur Delacour. My face paled at the sight of her. I rotated in my seat to make sure not to make eye contact. I peeked over at Drinian and Chloe to see they were doing the same thing. Chloe looked livid though. Oh dear! This was not good.

A tug on the bottom of my robe startled me. I peered down to see a white paper crab repeatedly yanking on my robe. I unclamped its pincers and studied it. On its paper shell read, “OPEN ME.” So I did just that. Inside were the words, “Are you okay? You seem a little…startled. Just nod or shake your head in answer. We can talk about it tonight. Love, Draco.” Under the note was a small hand drawn picture of a boy holding hands then kissing. The boy pulled back and winked up at me. Then the scene repeated again and again. It was so sweet and adorable. I glanced over at the Slytherin table and noticed he was smirking at me. He winked before returning his attention to the front. My heart ached for him at that moment. Damn my heart, and damn Draco!

 At the end of the feast, we all hurried out of the hall. Everyone went to their common rooms while Drinian, Chloe, and I rushed to the library. It was the only place that we could talk without anyone overhearing us.,

Why didn’t we realize that she was going to be here? I mean she is one of Madam Maxime’s favorite students,” Chloe told us angrily. She always hated being wrong and not knowing something.

“I know, love. We were all too busy to notice the facts, especially our innocent Claire.” He winked at me as my eyes widened. He wouldn’t, would he? As I thought that he said with a smirk, “Off and doing things with—“ Drinian never finished his sentence. He was too busy defending his face from my clawing hands. I was on top of him clamping my hands over his mouth, tightly securing whatever he was going to say inside. I now take Drinian not being an idiot back. He is stupid!

“What? Who? Claaaaaaire!” Chloe whined out my name like a three-year-old would.

Drinian stared intently at me while I glared in return. I could distinguish that he wanted me to enlighten Chloe about Draco by the way he raised his eyebrows. She was my best friend after all. I hated practically having telepathy with Drinian, because now I have to tell Chloe.

I removed my hand from his mouth then focused on Chloe attentively. I breathed in then stated, “Chloe I am in love…”

Before I could really finish, Chloe popped out of her chair saying, “Oh My God! I can’t do that Claire, you know that. You know I love Drinian. I am sorry but I don’t feel the same, darling. We should just stay friends. Oh no! Now you are embarrassed. You are blushing really hard and have wide eyes! Oh, I was being really insensitive about it wasn’t I? I was kind of harsh rejecting you. I am sorry, let me rephrase that.” Previously it was all rushed out like usually does, but now she spoke deliberately and clearly, “Darling I love you, but not the way that you might want me too. We can just stay friends, okay honey.” Then her eyes went doe-eyed when she stopped. Chloe whispered to Drinian, “She didn’t mean me did she?” He was shaking with silent laughter as he shook his head. Chloe slumped back down in her chair with her face in her hands. I was silent from mortification and disbelief. Drinian had tears rolling down his face as he clutched his abdomen. I really wanted to give that boy a good kick! “Oh God, I am sorry Claire! I just assumed you meant me for whatever reason. Sometimes I don’t even know what goes on in this head of mine.  I’m so sorry, forgive me!” I nodded, still bewildered of what she said.

“So are you finally going to tell her?” Drinian asked me after he finished laughing.

I nodded and sucked in a deep breath. “Chloe I am definitely not in love with you. Honestly you have the craziest mind. I’m actually in love with Draco Malfoy,” I mumbled the last part under my breath.

Chloe scrunched her eyebrows and held her ear closer. She asked, “What was that? I didn’t quite catch it.” I didn’t know if she was being sarcastic, but I was annoyed.

“I am in love with Draco Malfoy!” I yelled out in exasperation.

A crash came from around the corner. I stared at the two with alarm. Oh my! Whoever was behind that shelf just had to hear what I admitted. We hurried to see who it was. We saw Pansy Parkinson funning away. Oh no! This was extremely bad. Why was this all happening to me?