Chapter 12: CMC

The last class of the day was Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. I liked him better than the other teachers, because of how sweet he was.

“Today Dumbledore asked me to teach this class ‘bout phoenixes, mostly ‘cause Miss Cresswell, ‘ere,” he smiled when he said my name. People turned to me in curiosity. I blushed at all the stares. “Leave ‘er alone, so we can learn ‘bout phoenixes this week.” The class turned back to stare back up at Hagrid, but I felt a pair of eyes still looking over at me. I turned to see who it was. Green emerald eyes looked peculiarly at me. It was Harry Potter, the One who lived. I smiled at him, but he looked away with a little pink rising to his cheeks.

“Now as I was saying, Miss Cresswell ‘as a phoenix,” that earned me some stares, but Hagrid went on. “It is very rare ter tame beautiful creatures like that. Could ya call on ‘im to come, Claire?” Hagrid asked with a twinkle in his black eyes. I nodded and whistled a long tune that Haze loves so much. A musical melody filled the air in response to my whistle. A large black bird swooped through the trees. The feathers glinted rainbows in the sunshine, like oil. The majestic bird perched on my shoulder and nudged my cheek affectionately with his silky feathered head. The class erupted in applause; Hagrid clapped the loudest. Haze straightened his back as he took in the praises, I grinned.

After that Hagrid went on with the lesson. “The phoenix is a large swan-sized scarlet bird with red and gold feathers, along with a golden beak and talons, black eyes, and a tail as long as a peacock's. Its scarlet feathers glow faintly in darkness, while its golden tail feathers are hot to the touch. This phoenix is rare in many different ways,” Hagrid motioned to Haze. “Phoenixes are known for nesting on mountain tops. They are gentle ‘erbivores and are not known for fighting. As phoenixes approach their burning day they resemble a half-plucked turkey. Also, their eyes become dull, their feathers start to fall out, and it begins to make gagging noises. Then the bird suddenly bursts into flames only to rise from the ashes shortly after. In a number of days, they grow back to full size.” Hagrid finished as the bell rang from the castle. Everyone surrounded me asking if they could either pet or hold Haze. I shook my head, trying not to be rude. I said no, because Haze was making a soft squawking noise in my ear. I pushed Haze off gently with my head so he could fly away and be free. As he spread his wings, the crowd jumped back in surprise. I laughed along with Drinian who was leaning on a tree, away from the crowd. Haze rose high above the tree tops then flew towards the castle.

Everyone dispersed when he was out of sight. Drinian walked over to me and looped his arm through mine and walked back up to castle. As we were walking up to the school, I saw Draco staring at me. I felt this urge to do something wrong. Damn, I need to control my urges.

~Draco’s P.O.V~

Claire noticed that I was staring at her. I could see that she was smiling while she did the unexpected. She flipped me off! Then she turned and walked the rest of the way up to the school with her ‘boy toy’. That disgusted me in ways that I didn’t understand. I mean why was I feeling these emotions whenever I saw her; lust, desire, craving, passion, and…NOOOOO!!! I loved no one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that it's short, but it was more of a filler.