Chapter 17: The Date

What you have all been waiting for!!! Here is The Date :-) comment vote and fan

The picture to the side is what Claire wears on the date. The song is what plays in the tea parlor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It took hours for Chloe to perfect my appearance. It was the morning that we could visit Hogsmeade, which meant the day I went on my date. I was so nervous that I couldn’t stop shaking.

“Damn it Claire! You move one more time will I will cut you to pieces then go wolf hunting with your body parts.” Chloe yelled at me, but then calmed down when she saw my frightened face. “I know you’re nervous, it’s kind of obvious with your aura as yellow and I can smell it all over you, but just keep still.”

We were in the girl’s lavatory where Moaning Myrtle stayed. This was the only place where we could sneak Drinian inside and have privacy. Girls always wanted to know everything, even what you were eating for breakfast. Luckily they were too afraid of Myrtle. I didn’t know why though. I know that Myrtle can be a bit overdramatic, but she was DEAD! I understand that she feels that way. Stuck in the toilets where you died, must be horrible. Myrtle was very nice when she wasn’t moaning. Chloe thought I was crazy, but Drinian agreed with me.

“Okay you are,” she said this as she brushed some powder over my cheeks, “done!” She gave a clap when she finished. Drinian let out a whistle when I turned towards him. I waved him off. It really wasn’t a big deal.

“Look in the mirror Claire-bear,” he told me.

I slowly walked up to the body length mirror to see a brunette beauty. Who was that? I lifted a hand to touch my face and she did the same. I twirled making my dress fan out, while she copied my exact movements. It was unreal. It was truly me. I looked gorgeous. My hair was pulled up into an updo that defined my facial features. My makeup had a natural look, but my face looked stunning. Somehow Chloe made my skin radiate and glow. My dress was a strapless mini. It was black and white, but it was far from plain. It had intricate designs and a striking jewel studded belt. I had never worn heels before, so Chloe made sure that I didn’t come near them. She said that I will end up stabbing Draco’s eyes out with the heels. So she had me wear simple black flats. I was speechless.

“Now you see what I mean,” Drinian smirked as he came up behind me. I nodded my head as my eyes filled with water.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Chloe rushed up to me and cranked my head back so the tears wouldn’t fall. “You are not ruining your face when you haven’t even made it out of the restroom!” This made Drinian and I laugh.

*~*

I walked into Hogsmeade with Drinian and Chloe. Draco had said that he would meet me at Madam Puddifoot’s. I left the two at the Three Broomsticks and made my way to the tea parlor. When I opened the door a warm breeze and bakery aromas hit my face. It felt amazing compared to the chilly October air. I could hear a slow romantic song playing overhead as I walked in. The first thing I noticed was Draco, looking debonair in a silver collared shirts and black tie. The second thing I noticed was that we were the only ones there. A lone table was placed in the middle of the parlor. It was lit by the floating candles above. Queen Anne’s Laces were everywhere. It was magnificent.

Draco came up to me to take my coat, but froze when he saw what I was wearing. His eyes were gawking at me with admiration. I dropped my gaze to the floor as my cheeks blazed. A finger tucked under my chin to pull it up to meet his eyes. His soft gray orbs held so much emotion that my breath hitched in my throat. His face came closer to mine making the butterflies in my stomach turn into bats. My eyes snapped close when I felt is breath brush against my face.

I felt him whisper into my ear, “You’re too cute when you blush.” He pulled back leaving me with a wild fire burning on my cheeks and him with a smirk. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the small round table. A waiter came up with two cups of tea when we were comfortably sitting. He left when I gave him my order of a muffin and Draco’s order of cauldron cakes.

“You did all this for me?” I asked, picking up the conversation.

He nodded his head with a small smile, “Yes and I would do it a thousand times more just for you.” I smiled at how amazing this Draco was. “Do you want to dance?” He asked out of nowhere. My eyes widened as I shook my head no. His eyes saddened when he asked, “Why not?”

I felt horrible when I whispered, “I can’t dance.”

His face lit up with excitement when he heard this. “Well I will teach you!” I tried to resist but I melted in Draco’s grasp. The music grew louder when he pulled me up. He pulled my left hand on his shoulder and weaved his fingers through my right. He wrapped his arm around my waist and drew me tightly to his body. My legs felt like jelly at his close proximity.

“So I heard something crazy from Pansy Parkinson the other day. Do you know what I am talking about,” He said with a wide grin. My cheeks flamed once again and the bats turned into pterodactyls in my stomach. Oh my!