Chapter 14: Fire...

It was the beginning of autumn when Draco returned to my dreams. They weren’t like the ones before. We just talked about mundane things, but I liked spending my time with him. We just sat on the couch and chatted about our lives. I found it curious that he never went to the school that I went to. As a matter of fact he didn’t go to any school before Hogwarts.

“But how did you learn?” I asked. I was really interested about Draco. He was so much different than I.
He always smiled at my curiosity. He told me, “I was homeschooled by a nanny. My parents are always too busy for me.”

My eyes widened when I saw the vulnerability on his face. I pulled him close to me and gave him a hug. At first he was frozen then he melted into it. After a few minutes I pulled back with a smile on my face. “My hugs are the best. If you ever need one my arms are always open.”

Draco smiled devilishly, “How about your legs?” My eyes nearly popped out of my head. I scooted away from him, bewildered he would say that. He doubled over laughing while I stared at him like he was mad. “Blimey, you should have seen your face! It was very amusing. I was just joking princess.” I scowled at him then hit the back of his head.

“You keep your dirty comments to yourself,” I scolded him.

He leaned towards me until our noses touched. He smirked mischievously, “What do you want me to do then?”

‘Claire, keep your head together and your panties on!’ One part of me said while the other said, ‘Claire, you want Draco to do everything to you!’ I decided with the latter. I pushed him back onto the couch with me on top of him. I fluttered my lashes as I said, “Everything.”

Why do I always wake up when it gets to the good part? I nearly scratched the eyes out of whoever woke me. Chloe was looking down at me with a peculiar expression.

“Yes?” I wanted to know why she ruined my time with Draco.

“What were you dreaming about? I could barely sleep with all your moaning over here,” Chloe snickered.

My face burned with embarrassment. I stuttered, “W-what are y-y-you talk-talking about?”

Chloe started laughing so hard that tears streaked down her face. She managed to get out between her laughs, “I was just joking! It was just that you were biting your lip while you were sleeping. You only do that when you are reeeeeeeally turned on. You were totally having a dirty dream. You were probably moaning in your dream, too. Oh I have to know who you were dreaming about. I am so telling Drinian you little horny monkey!” She ran out of the room before I could react. I was out of the bed and chasing after her in a matter of seconds. If she told Drinian about my dream, he would tell her who it was about. I know he knows about my crush on Draco and it was a matter of time that he would tell Chloe. Damn my stupid hormones!

In the common room I found Chloe on top of Drinian’s lap laughing her head off. My cheeks burned as I walked over to them.

“What did she tell you?” I asked Drinian when I sat beside him.

He tried to keep a straight but couldn’t. Oh god! He had tears streaming down his face from how much he was laughing.

“Drinian, it isn’t that funny. Why are you laughing so hard? What do you know that I don’t know?” Chloe was looking between me and him. I stayed silent as my cheeks were flushed with embarrassment.

Drinian’s laughs died down as he looked at me with shock. “You haven’t told her yet?”

I had enough of the humiliation so I walked off. I left out of the common room towards breakfast. Maybe food will take my mind off of Draco. I doubt he would be there this early in the morning. He rarely went to breakfast; instead he slept in. Good, a Draco free morning. I sighed in happiness.

I thought too soon. I had run into a wall, or at least what felt like a wall. I fell back onto my butt, causing a sharp-shooting pain in my tail bone. Large, comforting hands grasped my arms gently, pulling me up into a standing position. I was now face to chest of a well-built guy. My eyes trailed up past the chiseled chin, smirking lips, sharp nose and cheeks and into smoldering gray eyes. My heart fluttered faster as I gazed up at his magnificence. Draco grinned arrogantly down at me as my cheeks once again flushed from the memory of my “dream.”

“So do you want to finish what we started?” He said as his grin grew larger. I turned away and stomped down the hall. “Hey, I was just joking love. Slow down, I just want to talk.” Draco caught up and grabbed my arms to a stop.

I glared up at him as I snapped, “What do you want to talk about then?”

“What would you say…if I asked you…if you wanted to on a date with me?” Draco asked awkwardly. It was the first time that I ever saw him modest and shy. I was so taken aback that I took in a sharp breath which led me into a coughing fit. Draco fervently patted my back as I doubled over, trying to catch my breath. “I’m taking that as a no,” He said dejectedly after I finished my coughing outburst.

My eyes widened as I shook my head fanatically. I spit out, “I would love to go on a date with you!”

Draco looked down at me with anticipation and smiled a breath taking smile. It was like I was in 4th grade again and I was just meeting him. I remember he gave me that genuine smile as he made the pond fill with Queen Anne’s Laces for me. It was absolutely perfect.