Chapter 9: Confessions

Drinian and I walked to dinner together. Chloe was off playing with Fred and Lee. I wondered where George was.

 "Claire, can I take the class with you?” Drinian asked, referring to Care of Magical Creatures. I was supposed to attend to the class tomorrow.

 “Of course! I was going to ask you later, but okay.” I smiled. It was erased when I saw Fred giving a piggyback ride to Chloe. Both Drinian and I went rigid. His jaw was set in a stern scowl. My face became blank when the rounded our way. Chloe jumped off of Fred’s back and straightened herself. She sauntered down the hall with her head held high. She slipped by us as if we weren’t even there. Fred walked by us and said hi.

 “Fredders, come on! I’m hungry,” yelled Chloe from down the hall. Fred hurried away.

I heard a laugh from behind me. I turned to see a group of Slytherins standing in the entryway, coming from the dungeons. Draco was at the lead of that group.

 “Look who it is, the undecided mudblood. I thought she was a loner, but I see that she has a bloodtraiter with her. Yikes!” Draco sneered. Drinian walked closer to him and stared at him hard. Draco smirked as his band of idiots laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world.

 Drinian punched him as hard as he could. As Draco fell he said, “I would stop smirking if I were you. It could earn you another punch.” Drinian walked away with me in tow, from the silent crowd.

 I snuggled into Drinian’s side on the red velvet couch in the common room. We didn’t go to the Great Hall for dinner, because I was actually scared that Draco’s gang might get to Drinian. He said he would be fine, but he came with me to the common room.

 “I am so hungry, Claire! You made us miss dinner and my stomach is aching,” Drinian complained.

 I pursed my lips, “You punched that git, I didn’t want them coming after my savior.” I squeezed his cheek.

 Soon after, George walked in through the portrait hole. “Claire, I was waiting for you at dinner. Fred said you guys were on your way.”

 “Sorry, but we ran into Malfoy and his gang. Drinian punched him in the face. He called me a mudblood and Drinian a bloodtraiter, which he’s not, but that doesn’t really matter. I wanted to come up here so we couldn’t run into any other Slytherin trouble,” I said in a nonchalant tone and shrugged my shoulders like it was no big deal.

 George’s jaw hung open in astonishment. “You punched a Malfoy?” Drinian nodded shyly. “Hell yeah man!” George gave him a high-five. We laughed, but we laughed even harder when my stomach rumbled of hunger. “Hey, I bet you two are starving. I can help you with that.”

After finding the portrait of the bowl of fruit, we were inside the kitchen. House elves scurried around the kitchen doing who knows what. A few came up to the three of us and asked if we were hungry. To answer their question, my stomach growled once again. In a couple of minutes, Drinian and I were stuffing our faces with various amount of food; George was gulping down gallons of Butterbeer. By nine o’clock we were stuffed and ready to go. I bid my goodbyes to my little elf friends and I was off with Drinian and George beside me.

 Draco was sitting next to me on the bed, silent. I took a look around the room. I noticed all the details that I didn’t see before while I was preoccupied. We were in a dark room that contained a mahogany wardrobe, a dark red couch, a brick fireplace, and the four poster bed that we were sitting on. It was a beautiful, elegant room but it frightened me a little, especially from the silence. I glanced at him waiting for him to break the silence.

 What seemed like an hour, we were still sitting in the same positions. Not a word was said. The silence was unbearable. I had to break it. “Malfoy, I don’t want to be here. I want to be in my own bed. How do I…”

 He interrupted me, “Do you remember when we first met? I do. It’s as clear as day in my head, like its branded in my mind. I wish to take it all back. I wish I never met you. I wish I can’t feel the ache in my heart whenever I see you. I wish for my memory to go blank since that day.”

 “Why?” I asked, stunned as I was.

 “Because I hurt you that day. I hurt you today. I have probably hurt you more than enough times in between. I want to say that I’m sorry. I won’t bring you here anymore. So, goodbye Claire,” he said solemnly. He looked down at his feet ashamed. Making sure he wouldn’t send me back to my conscious state, before I could tell him what I needed to say, I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him.

 I kissed him as long and hard as I could. When I departed from him, I left him breathless. I breathed in deeply and thought where to start.

 “When I was younger, in first grade, I found out I was different. It was the last year I saw my father. I was going through a rough stage once I found out I could do things. I hid it from my mother, because I thought she wouldn’t love me. In third grade, I began to get bullied by girls that thought I was a freak. My mother never found out, she didn’t suspect a thing. After fourth grade, I got the letter that accepted me into Beauxbatons. Last year, I threw it all away, because I let Drinian into Chloe and my room. We were caught by this blonde bimbo that tried to ruin my life, and a teacher with a mustache.” He smiled at this. “Madam Maxime was nice enough not to snap our wands. She did, however, send us here, well Hogwarts. Anyway, where are we?”

 His face was surprised, “You never told anyone this. I can tell.” I nodded nervously. “Oh, we are at this place I thought of. I wanted to be in a place better than the piece of crap rooms at Hogwarts. I created it just for you.”

 “Ha, how many girls has that worked on?” I asked, disgusted.

 “I swear to you that I haven’t done this with any girl except you.”

 “Oh. I have one more question for you. Why did you call me a mudblood?”

 “Umm, aren’t you?” I punched him in the arm. When he said ow, I felt satisfied.

 “No, my father is a wizard. My mother is a muggle. So I am a half-blood, but does it really matter?”

 “No, I guess not. We might have a chance now.” He must have seen the confusion on my face, so he went on, “From the time when I met you, I have thought about you every day. I have loved you every day since.”

I was awake.