Chapter 19: Kisses From You and Only You

We were all in the common room discussing about the goblet of fire. Almost all of the older Gryffindors were putting their names in the cup. I understood why. After all we were the house of bravery. If anyone was to win the Triwizard Tournament from Hogwarts it would be a Gryffindor.

“Claire, would you ever put your name in it?” Drinian asked. “Chloe and I definitely would.”

I thought about what Draco said to me several nights ago. I didn’t want to sound like a coward, but it broke my heart thinking of breaking Draco’s promise. So I took the easy route, “I don’t know. I don’t think I would ever know because I won’t be able to ever qualify. When the have the next tournament, I am pretty sure we will be on our own.”

Drinian nodded, “I understand.”

Chloe looked at me suspiciously, “I don’t understand. Your emotions are all outta wack. You want to do it but you don’t want to. What are you keeping from us Claire? Ever since we came to this school you have been distance and not telling us everything. I bet it’s all because of the slimy Slytherin!”

“Chloe!” Drinian gasped.

“Oh Drinian, you have noticed too! Don’t act like you don’t know what I am talking about.  Or maybe it’s just me that you don’t talk to anymore. Drinian seemed to know everything that has been going on with you,” Chloe snarled.

I hissed through clenched teeth, “Am I supposed to be sorry that I didn’t tell you anything while you were off acting like a brat? I don’t think so! So don’t give me your sob stories. I haven’t told you everything because I don’t want to. Drinian is just smart enough to figure things out—“

She cut me off as she yelled, “Are you calling me slow?” Everyone was looking in our direction. But who gives a damn?

“I wasn’t saying that at all, but now that you bring it up, maybe you are!” I shouted back at her.

“Uh oh, attack of the nerds!” A voice called out from somewhere in the room.

I picked up my wand and sent a hex to whoever said it. I heard a squeal while I still glared at Chloe.

“Well let’s see how slow I am. Let’s take this outside,” Chloe growled.

“Come on Clo. Let’s be reasonable. We can’t—“

Chloe sent a spell at him that made his words go silent. He frowned when he realized he couldn’t talk.

I smirked, “Fine.”

“This is your one and only warning; I’m not going to be nice,” Chloe bared her canine teeth with a growl. At that note she stormed out of the common room.

I helped Drinian unlock his voice before I went to follow Chloe. I heard the entire house of Gryffindor trail behind me as well. They wanted to see the action. I don’t blame them.  We were teenagers and could never pass up something dramatic.

Drinian was trying to reason with me but I kept walking. It was a miracle none of us got caught. Maybe they were too busy making sure the other schools were comfortable in the accommodations. I didn’t care as long as I didn’t get caught.

I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me to a halt. I turned to yell at the person to realize it was George. Fred was already running outside, probably to Chloe.

“What?” I snapped.

He sighed, “Come on Claire. Listen to me. You aren’t like this. Let’s just go back upstairs and sort this out.”

My eyes widened. “Do you hear yourself? You are George Weasley! You would be encouraging this, but you’re not. Are you ill?”

He chuckled, “I guess you’re right, but I can’t stand my two friends fighting. Especially when one of those girls is the one I fancy.”

I gasped, “George you can’t like Chloe! She goes out with Drinian!”

He snorted, “No I don’t fancy Chloe. I thought you were smart. I like you Claire.” My eyes widened as his face neared mine. I was so surprised what was going on that I couldn’t move. I let George’s lips come closer and closer. What the hell?

His lips never came to mine though. A fist went straight to the side of his head. I let out a scream as I watched George fall to the ground unconscious. I looked back up to see Draco glaring furiously down at George.

“Keep your filthy hands off my girlfriend you weasel!” He roared.

He turned to me and grabbed my face. His lips smothered over mine. I pushed him back to catch my breath. I still couldn’t comprehend what was going on.

He leaned his forehead onto mine, still holding my face tenderly. “You are the only one that I will ever kiss from now on. I hope you will do the same,” He whispered to me. I nodded, still dazed to talk.

When I finally got my words back I yelled at him, “You didn’t have to punch him! George is my friend!”

He scowled, “You weren’t moving so I couldn’t think of anything else.” I sighed as I pulled onto his hand. I led him out the halls and into the night. “Where are we going?” He asked me curiously.

“The Quidditch field. Chloe and I are fighting,” I told him. It was I was telling him what type of cereal I eat.

“Oh Ok…Wait. What?” He said shocked.

I huffed not really wanting to explain, “It’s this whole big thing but to keep it short; she is mad at me for not telling her about you and me. I feel like it’s none of her business about my love life and stuff.”

I looked back at him to see that he had a silly grin on his face. I was about to question him when he asked, “Tell me you love me?”

I laughed, “So that is all you hear out of that?” He nodded with his silly grin still in place. I shook my head with a grin as well, “I am in love with you Draco Malfoy.”

“I am in love with as well Claire Cresswell,” He laughed. He leaned down for a kiss but then froze. He fell down in a slumber. I turned to see Chloe pointing her wand at me. At that I blew up.

“No one hexes my boyfriend and gets away with it!” I scream at her as I pulled out my wand and sent a spell her way.

She easily dodged it. I was so angry that I just kept sending spell after spell at her, even though she kept dodging them.

“Aww is Claire Bear angry?” She mocked in a voice adults use for babies. “Will you ever learn that I am too fast for you? I think I have to hurt you so you will understand.” As she said this, she twirled her wand above her head and let out a rainbow flash.

I barely got my defensive spell up. She cast several spells at me, trying to break through my barrier. “Catch this you bitch,” I screamed out as I let out a torpedo spell. She went flying into the air and landed on her back. She was back on her feet in a second, letting out purple sparks from her wand. I ducked before it could hit me. I did feel some of my hair scorch off though.  I sent an immobile spell the same time she sent one of her own spells. They collided with each other and flew off in several directions. Some unlucky spectators got hit, falling to the ground with boils on their faces, while other sparks hit the castle. A light from the front doors was seen from the Quidditch field. Everyone scattered at the sight.

“Drinian, please help me,” I pleaded to him as I picked up Draco’s feet.

Chloe called out at the same time, “Drinian lets go.” We both glared at each other before looking back at Drinian who had a confused expression.

He stared down at his feet as he said, “I don’t know who you are anymore. I can’t stand it. I’m sorry Chloe.” He came to me and picked up Draco by his underarms.  We passed by Chloe who had so many expressions etched on her face. The one that was the most obvious was guilt. Good, she should feel guilty.

I heard Fred herding people into an alcove in the stands. I would have never noticed it before. We followed the crowd into the dank, dark passage way. I guess the rumors were true. There were passages all over the school grounds. I really wasn’t surprised.

We heard Filch shriek “Children out of beds! Children out of the castle! Where are you, you naughty children?!” This made the already swift paced crowd move even faster.