Chapter 27: The Movie of Our Lives

Claire’s POV

I sucked in a breath, shaking from what Draco had just told me. “I really turn into a wolf?” I gasped. Draco just nodded his head. I felt like I was going to pass out. “What did Dumbledore say?”

“I was supposed to go and get him when you woke up. You don’t mind if I leave you?” He asked. I could tell he didn’t want to leave, but he had to. I gave him a grim nod and then he was gone. When he left it felt like a part of me was gone as well. I loved Draco but I didn’t want to feel this helpless.

While he was gone I changed into some clean clothes that were sitting on my bed stand. I had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure I hadn’t transformed into a wolf. My new appearance shocked me every time I saw my reflection. I didn’t even look like my normal self.

The doors opened up again revealing professor Dumbledore with both Haze and Fawkes on his shoulders. Drinian and Draco trailed in behind him. They didn’t look the least bit happy. “Now that you are up, we can have a chat,” Dumbledore stated. Draco came and sat on one side of the bed while Drinian sat on the other. The professor stood at the end of the bed, giving me a once over. “My, you have changed. However, to the principal matter; Drinian and Draco have informed me about your situation. I have thought deep and relentlessly about this and I have reached my conclusion. You will be attending Durmstrang Institute after the TriWizard Tournament. When the school leaves, you will be joining them. They have a teacher for untrained hybrids. He may or may not have all the answers to your questions, but he can help you better than anyone else can here. They also have a pack of Lycanthropes up in the mountains where I’m sure you will fit in. It is for the best.” We were all speechless by his announcement.

Draco was the first to break the silence. “But that is all the way in Scandinavia! We are supposed to be together. Claire can’t leave!” Draco roared with anger. Misery was mixed in his tone as well. My teeth were clenched in anger but I nodded to the headmaster. Professor Dumbledore gave me a small bow of the head before leaving. Draco turned towards me with fire in his eyes. “Claire you can’t leave! I can’t deal with you gone. I love you and you love me. Isn’t that enough for you to stay? Claire?” He choked out my name, pleading. Tears were in both of our eyes. He had just gotten me back and now he was going to lose me again.

“Draco.” I reached up to stroke his cheek. He leaned into the palm of my hand and closed his eyes letting out a single tear. I kissed the tear away, wishing it would take away all of his pain instead. “This is the only way. I wish it could be different. I wish I could stay with you here. I wish that I was normal. But obviously all my wishes can’t come true. However, we have a few months left to spend together and we will make the best of it. Us three,” I motioned between Drinian, Draco, and myself, “we are going to get through this. This is going to be hard for all of us, but we are strong together. We need to lean on each other to get through this. Draco you are my rock. I need you more than ever at the moment. You can’t break now.” As I told them this I felt stronger with each sentence.

Drinian let out a strained chuckle. “When did you become so smart?” Draco choked out a laugh. I knew he was trying to be brave for me, but he was hurting so much. It just made me break down in tears. Drinian let out a gasp. “Your eyes!” I was confused at what he was implying. I looked over in the mirror and nearly screamed. The irises of my eyes were silver and my tears were liquid silver. The sight was astounding but it worried me. What else could I do?

Draco held my face in his hands and used his thumbs to wipe away my silver tears. “You will never cease to amaze me. Claire you are my own little piece of heaven on earth. What did I ever do to deserve you? It is so bittersweet, though. You came back to me just to leave me again. As long as you are alive, I am happy. In the meantime, you and I will glued together by the hip. I’m going to be selfish with you.” I couldn’t help but let out a strangled laugh at Draco’s comment. I was glad he was going to be selfish with me. He gave me a feather light kiss, teasing me, as if he knew what I was thinking. I let out a wolfish growl and pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Drinian let out a snort before leaving, but I didn’t care.