Chapter 3: Black Phoenix Core

I was in a huge flying carriage! I could barely believe how big the horses were, let alone a flying horse drawn carriage. I was smiling so hard that it started to hurt after an hour, but I couldn’t help it.

All I couldn’t think about was Mum’s face when she saw my letter. She was so surprised that I was actually a witch. Even her face when she saw the carriage was priceless. The escort, that was flying the carriage, explained to my mother that I had everything I needed at the Beauxbatons Academy, except for the wand and my choice of creature. I will be picking those out before we go to the school.

I was still smiling when I was tired enough to go to sleep. I bet I was still smiling when I was deep sleeping.

I was in the wand shop with the escort; his name was Jacques, waiting for the wand maker to return. After what seemed like a year, the wand maker came back. In his hand was a black box. I could feel the power radiating off the box.

As I raise my hand, not under my own control, the lid of the box opens and a dark object hurls towards me. It lands in my outstretched hand and releases a few sparks. The object was a black wooden stick, a stick!

“Now I trust you to be careful with that wand, understand?” He gave me a meaningful glare. I looked at him as if he was crazy. Then I thought about it. A stick, a wand, a wand is a stick. This stick is my wand! I grinned from ear to ear. I wanted to bounce all over the place. “Now, this wand is from a black ash tree. It is a very rare tree, but what’s even rare is that core,” he pointed at my wand. “That core there contains a black phoenix feather. This wand can bring great accomplishments, or great danger. Understand?” He asked me again. I nodded in response. “Now, I believe you don’t have a pet for the academy. I got you one here. Come with me.” The wand maker motioned me back into his store.

I came out of the store feeling like the luckiest person alive. In my right hand held a black box, in which it held a black wand. In my right hand was a cage, in which it contained a black phoenix. Haze was his name.

I'm sorry it's not very long, but I like it ending right there.