Chapter 8: Care of Haze

I was crying uncontrollably, “I am so sorry. I thought I was trying to help. I just made it worse. You must hate me.” I was curled on Drinian’s lap and balling my eyes out onto his robes. (No one dared go into the common room. If they did, they were shot with glares that could kill by Drinian.) He murmured in my ear that everything is okay, but it really wasn’t. He knew that, I knew that, even Chloe knew that.

After bedtime I decided it was enough crying. I had to suck it up, go into my dormitory, go to my bed by Chloe’s, and go to sleep. I sat up, off of Drinian’s soaked shoulder, and strolled up the stairs. Drinian got up after me, but he went up to his own dormitory.

When I walked through the door, it was complete and utter darkness. I fumbled my way around until I found my bed. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Atom bombs exploded between our lips. He pinned down on the bed and worked his fingers under my camisole. His shirt was already off so it was easy for me to work my fingers across his rock hard chest. It was fantastic how he worked his tongue in my mouth.

What the hell am I thinking!!! I pushed Draco off of me and went on the edge of the bed.

His eyes lighted with excitement and his damn smirk was placed on his face. I noticed that I was wearing only a camisole and underwear. He was only wearing a pair of black jeans.Draco’s pale body was tall and slender but had muscles to die for. His sleek, shimmering, silver blond hair was covering parts of his sparkling grey eyes. He looked so sexy. No wonder they call him the Slytherin Sex God.

Oh god, stop thinking for once.

“You look so cute when you fight with yourself. I hope you aren’t fighting the urge to come over to me, because I am fighting the urge to come over to you,” his said in the sexiest voice possible.

Before I knew what I was doing I was in his arms while he kissed my neck. It felt so great.

Damn it, I’m awake.Who the fuck woke me up?

"Claire, Professor Dumbledore wants to talk to you. Please be dressed in ten minutes and meet him in his office," Professor McGonagall said bluntly. She left the room and I was left alone. All the beds were empty, including Chloe’s. I felt a little ache in my heart. Chloe always woke me by jumping on my bed.

I turned to look at my clock; it read seven o’clock. Bloody hell, I missed breakfast and my first class. Uh oh!

Ten minutes later I was in Dumbledore’s office sitting in front of his desk.

“You wanted to see me, sir?” I asked as he settled down in his seat.

“Ah, yes. I wanted you to know that my phoenix, Fawkes, as made a new…friend. He should be here any moment.” I was wondering what he was saying, but then the room was filled with a beautiful tune. I red and gold plumed phoenix soared into the room and in tow was a phoenix that had the feathers of a raven. It was a magnificent sight.

Haze came and perched itself on my shoulder as Fawkes did to his owner. I stroked the back of his head while he made a cute little sound in the back of his throat.

“My child, do you know how rare it is to domesticate a phoenix, let alone a black phoenix, which is believed to be extinct?” I shook my head.

“Wait, I thought phoenixes are immortal. Wouldn’t they just be reborn again, Professor?” I asked confused.

“I think you need to catch up on your reading. During the time being, I will have Hagrid assist you with Haze. That is his name?” I nodded. “You will be taking the Care of Magical creatures with him. To make sure you get the information correctly, I will supply you to my copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Now off you go. As I understand you have missed two classes this morning. I would better hurry and catch your third,” he smiled as rushed to go. I couldn’t afford to miss another class.

In Potions I hurried to take my seat by Drinian. I thought Snape didn’t notice, but boy was I wrong.

“I don’t take too kindly to tardiness, Miss Cresswell. I would ask where you were, but I already have a clue where you’ve been,” as he said this, Draco Malfoy strolled in and took his seat in front of me. My cheeks went a flame in anger and embarrassment as the class sniggered.

“If you must know, Professor, I was talking with Professor Dumbledore. It would be kind if you didn’t make your own assumptions. The class exploded at this.

If Snape could with his stiff complexion, he frowned. “Very well then, Miss Cresswell, you have earned yourself a detention and ten points from Gryffindor. Whoever laughs next will get the same fate.” It went dead silent and some of the Gryffindor’s glared ice at me. Then I heard a small tiny laugh ahead of me. “Mr. Malfoy, I would have thought you could hold yourself, but very well then. Detention and ten points from Slytherin.” Draco turned enough for me to see him wink. Oh, wow!

“What was that, Claire,” Drinian pointed at Snape’s door when we left.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said bluntly.

“To hell, you don’t. Claire, what’s up with you? You have been acting very different lately,” his tone was filled with worry.

I put my hand on his arm. “Drinian, I don’t want to lose you. Can we just leave it? I promise I will tell you soon, but not right now.” The pain in his eyes made me regret what I said, but then he nodded. “Let’s hurry so we can make it to Herbology.” We walked hand in hand to Professor Sprout’s class.  

I got a good idea for the next chapter...I'll try to upload faster :)