Chapter 20: Letters From a Man I Once Knew

Sorry its short, but i think you will love it. Comment, vote, and fan :-) Enjoy...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to find my body wrapped in a warm embrace. I grinned as I twisted my head to see Draco snoring gently. I placed my lips onto his before I tried to untangle myself from him. But he resisted. I turned back to see a smile on his face with his eyes still closed.

“I told you I liked be woken up by that. Can we start making it a habit?” He whispered into my ear.

I giggled, “Only if you let me up to get food in my stomach.” In perfect timing my stomach growled.

“Of course love. Just one more though,” He chuckled. I went to give him a quick peck, but it heated when he twisted on top of me.

“Ok guys! I let you sleep in my room, but it doesn’t mean that you can do anything nasty,” Drinian said from his bed. Draco groaned as I laughed.

“Don’t worry Drinian. I am too hungry to do anything else. Thank you for letting us sleep in your room for the night,” I thanked him.

He nodded, “Yeah, yeah just save me some breakfast. I’ll be down there in a few.”

I got up to hug him and left with Draco behind me. He seemed a little on edge being in the Gryffindor dormitories, but he didn’t say anything. I held tight onto his hand as he gently traced circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. It felt very comforting.

“Claire,” I heard my name shouted from the top of the girls’ stairs. I looked up to see Chloe throwing all of my clothes down the stairs, along with my trunk and other belongings. I glared up at her as stomped over to retrieve my stuff. I was seething with fury. How dare she do that? How dare she throw my things down the stairs from our bedroom? Where am I supposed to stay?

As if Draco knew what I was thinking he said, “I know where you can have your own bedroom. Come on.” We hurried and put my stuff in my trunk and left the common room. Students were staring at us with curiosity. It was kind of crazy when you saw Draco Malfoy, Slytherin Sex God, and me, a Gryffindor nerd, together. We were the total opposite. I really had no idea how this could ever work, but I wasn’t over thinking it. I loved Draco and he loved me. That was all that mattered.

Draco stopped in front of a wall. I was about to ask what he was doing, but then I saw a dark blob on the wall appear. I watched it, amazed, as it grew larger and larger. It finally stopped growing when it took to the shape of a door. I looked over at Draco with admiration. How could just one person be so amazing?

“Let’s drop this stuff here and we can hurry and get breakfast. I can’t stand cold bikkies,” Draco told me. I rolled my eyes, but it was true. I couldn’t stand cold biscuits either.

Draco opened the door to the room. I gasped at the sight. Just from the doorway I could see a grand sized bed on the far back wall. It was perfect for a queen. A mahogany wardrobe was off to the side. There was a dark red couch in front of a brick fireplace. It was a beautiful, elegant room. It was the room from the dreams. I looked over at Draco who was watching my reaction.

“How?” I whispered.

He smirked sexily, “It’s for me to know and you to find out.” He gave me a wink when my jaw dropped. “Ok let’s go to breakfast.”

I sat with Drinian during breakfast. Draco had to go sit with the Slytherins. I noticed Chloe sitting by Fred, George, — who had a swollen eye— and Lee. Was it me or Chloe that was changing? I didn’t know, but I did know that it was for the best. We were just too different. Her personality challenged mine, and mine challenged hers. I was surprised that we were even friends in the beginning.

I heard a magical tune float through the windows of the Great Hall. I looked up and smiled. Haze came and perched on my shoulder. An envelope was in its beak. I gave him a questioning glance. Who is this from? I grabbed it carefully, not wanting it to tear in his beak. There wasn’t a name on the envelope. I slit the top open, but didn’t pull the contents out. A panicky feeling washed over me. I didn’t know why though.

Drinian nudged my shoulder. I glanced at him for a second before returning my eyes to the envelope. I sucked in a deep breath before I pulled out its contents. It was a letter. I unfolded the paper and read the first line before I felt tears sting my eyes. Just those three words affected me so much.

My Dearest Daughter,

I grabbed Drinian’s hand before I read on.

I know that it has been too long, but I need for you to listen to me. You are in danger. I am so sorry to tell you that it is my fault. I have made a terrible decision. I need to hide you so you won’t be in danger. Meet me at the Shrieking Shack next weekend. Please Claire. I know you must hate me for abandoning you at such a young age, but it was for your own good. I will explain when you come. Claire I need to fix this. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if something happened to you because of me. I can protect you.

Your Father.

I was breathing heavily in and out, trying so hard not to let the tears fall. What in the world has my father done?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Did you see that one coming? Comment below :-)