Epilogue

JENNIE

Auckland, New Zealand

8:00 AM

     3 years.

It's the amount of time that has passed since that day and the same day that I haven't seen him since.

The cold gusty wind blows through my whole body as I walk through the streets of New Zealand, I observed what had changed from the years I had been gone to pursue my my dream of being an artist. Skylines that previously didn't exist rised proudly, huge billboards of different ads and models and new businesses taking over the older ones.  

I push the café door open, welcoming the strong scent of coffee in my nostrils, delicate furnishings placed all over the place, vintage items decorate the wall and the counter giving off a rustic 90's aesthetic feeling to it. 

"Good morning mam, what can I get you today?" the kind blonde cashier greeted cheerfully.

"Can I get a cappuccino and a slice of apple pie?" 

"Certainly, that would be 15.45 dollars." 

I gave her the bill and I proceeded to an empty seat, beside the huge glass window, entertaining myself by watching the busy streets with crowd walking, bustling to wherever they pleased until I saw a familiar woman entering the same café as I am. Her eyes searched the place until her gaze landed on me and a bright smile broke out on her lips which I reciprocated. She hurriedly walks towards me with her arms open, inviting me, I giggle and stood up from my seat and met her halfway in a tight hug.

"I missed you poopoo." 

"I missed you too Nini." 

She pulls away and scans my face and I took the time to look at her features, she still looks the same but maybe a bit mature, her hair remained jet black and her eyes reminded me of him. The same chocolate brown doe eyes, similar lips and nose structure, just overall the exact replica of him that made my heart clench in longing.

"Did you wait long and did you already order?" she asks as we made our way back to the table, Lisa taking the seat across mine.

"No I didn't wait that long and yeah I already ordered." My eyes darted to a waiter carrying a tray of food in which I presumed to be mine, "Speaking of which, I think this that's mine."

As if on cue, a tray was placed carefully on the wooden table and I thank the waiter sincerely.

"Do you guys need something else?" his eyes flicker to Lisa with a hopeful and suggestive gleam  that I had to laugh internally when the Thai was oblivious to the boy's advances.

"Uh yeah, can I ask for a cup of chocolate milk and chocolate tart?" Lisa asks with a bright smile, her pearly white teeth showing.

"Yes, certainly!" the boy replies, too enthusiastically that I could almost see his tail wagging when he scurries away to get Lisa's order.

I shake my head and giggle in amusement, "Aww, he looked like he would do anything for you Lili."

She rolls her eyes, "Oh please, spare me but never mind about me how are you?"

"I've been good, you know keeping myself busy, moving around wherever there's a project oversees but this is the first time in awhile that I actually had a vacation, what about you? How's life so far?" I question as I took a sip from the hot drink.

"Good, better actually. There's still  fans recognizing me wherever I go but being a photographer and a dance teacher is fulfilling and I've never been this free for a long time." her smile was even brighter than before that it made me smile as well.