Chapter 21

A/N pls play the music later on.

Leo's P.O.V

Manila, Philippines

2:10 PM

       I got off my bike after I parked it then helped Jennie get off as I grabbed the bouquet of roses from her hand. I grabbed her hand as I lead the way. "Where are we?" she asks and I didn't answer her as I walked quietly. "Great, now it feels like I'm talking to myself." she complained. After a few more minutes of walking, we've arrived in front of the archway entrance. I look back at Jennie who was wearing a confused frown. I tugged her hand, making her look at me. I gave her a small smile before leading her inside. The fresh wind blowing in our faces made me calm as we make our way to the wide field and stopped at a particular spot, in the middle of the field. I knelt down, the grass tickling my exposed skin as I lay the bouquet of flowers on the ground. At this point I think Jennie already gets it. I looked up on her, tapping the spot beside me; encouraging her to sit with me. She complies and sits down beside me. 

I traced the tombstone with my fingers, reading the text in my mind that is written on the tombstone, Kyla Reese Balinger , In memory of your loving family, friends and lover. August  3, 2000 - August 4, 2017.  I felt my eyes getting watery so I quickly blinked multiple times as I set the flower in front of her tombstone and grabbed the candle and match in my back pocket and lit it up, setting it beside the flowers. I can feel Jennie staring at me so I look at her and I'm pretty sure she could see my eyes glistening with unshed tears. She looks at me worriedly and she cups my cheek, the warmness of her hand calming me down, giving me the courage to tell her.

"Who is she?" she finally asks as she pulls down her mask, her eyes glancing at the tombstone. 

"She... she's my... she was my most precious treasure."   I choked out as tears starts cascading down my cheeks, unable to suppress them. Her free hand clutches mine as she squeeze it lightly. 

"You don't have to talk about it now, you can tell me when you're ready." she said as she stares in my eyes like she can see every piece of my soul. I shook my head as I squeezed back her hand as I was unable to hold back a sob, "No I gotta tell you this, you deserve to know and it's about time I do." I reply and gave her a small smile. I then took a deep breath, and started to reminisce.

Flashback

       "Come on Leo! You're such a slowpoke!" she complains as she tugs my hand. I groaned, "Babe, Kyla why'd you have to bring me to this shit?  Alesia, Alana or even Aria could help you with this!" I whined. She pinches my nose causing me to wince, "Language Mr. Manoban" she warns as she narrows her eyes. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah like you're the one to tell me. You curse more than I do so what gives you the right?" I taunted as I lift an eyebrow. "I have the right because you love me as much as I love you." she replied, grinning. I felt my heart leaping in pure adoration and euphoria. In just those three simple words she managed to make my throat dry and my heart accelerate a hundred miles per hour. "Cocky much? And what's the relation between that and this?"  

"The relation between this is that I would never go to this sort of place without the guy that I love and secondly..." she paused and she suddenly grabs the collar of my shirt and pulled me towards her and kisses me before pulling back and smirking as she saw my reaction: shocked and flushed. "I get to enjoy your company and the freebies that comes along with it." she states and winks at me before grabbing my hand again as she resumes pulling me to wherever she desires while my mind was still registering what the hell happened.

~~~

         Jennie chuckles, her signature gummy smile showing,  "She was bold huh?". This time it's my time to chuckle, "Oh yeah she is but at first she wasn't, she was the opposite of it I'd say."  I replied, she lifts an eyebrow, "What do you mean? Please elaborate."