Chapter 27

LEO

Bangkok, Thailand

10:00 AM

        I inhaled the familiar humid air of my homeland. Once I stepped out of the airport, the heat immediately welcomed me and the sun was already up and bright unlike when we left the Philippines. It was the first one to greet me and the next ones were my parents who were smiling brightly when they saw me which made me mirror their expression, enveloping them in a hug once I was in from of them. 

"Hey baby, how was vacation?" Mom asked, as she her hands were resting on my cheeks.

"It was great; amazing actually. I'm glad I went." I reply with a huge grin planted on my lips.

"How about the Balinger's?" Dad questions, his left arm wrapped around Mom's shoulder.

"They were doing great, they want you guys to visit with me next time."

They both grinned, "We'll take up you offer then, but for now let's get some early lunch. I know you'd be starving by now." Ma states, which I quickly nod, agreeing. I'm starved, long flights aren't my thing and so are airline foods. 

 ~~~

       "So, you said you wanted to talk about something during the car ride right?" Dad asked then took a bite out of his chicken.  

"Uh yeah," I wiped my mouth with the napkin first before I continue and looked straight to my parent's eyes,  "I'm planning to move to Seoul." 

They looked at each other for a moment, then a smile went into their faces and turned their heads to face me, "Your Mom and I sorta figured out you're gonna say that when your sister told us what was going on between you and Jennie." Mom and Dad's smile grew even wider even though my Mom's eyes became glassy. 

"I know how much you care for a person you are affectionate with and I know how much you can't bear staying away for far too long, like you did with Vec's daughter. We were worried that ever since she passed away you wouldn't be the same again and even though you were laughing on the outside, you're blaming and killing yourself on the inside.", she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening it once again, meeting my gaze, "Your Dad and I tried to make you feel better and even your sister tried her best although she was far away from us. But, it didn't work, you were not the Leo that we knew. So when Lisa told us the development that she saw between you two from being not able to handle each other's presence to being much closer than being friends. We were both happy and worried, but seeing the look of resolve in your eyes became a relief to us. So who are we to stop you?" Mom shrugs, a smile still playing on her her lips.

My heart felt overwhelmed, heck even my soul feels overwhelmed. How could I ever be so lucky with the persons I have surrounding me?  God, I don't deserve them.  I stood up and walked around the table until I reach them in their seats and immediately pull them into a hug. 

"Thank you. I love you guys so much." I said sincerely as they hugged me back.

"We love you too."

      After that, we just went back home and I immediately went to sleep and woke up early the next day. I emailed Chai 2 days ago that I needed to talk to him as soon as I got back. I quickly took a quick shower and dressed up in a grey and white flannel shirt, black jeans and white sneakers and took my bike keys. Running out of my room towards the kitchen where I know both my parents are. 

And I was right, they are in the kitchen. My mom was washing the dishes while dad was busy frying for I guess what's supposed to be our breakfast. Too bad I can't eat it.