Chapter 23

Jennie's P.O.V

Manila, Philippines

6:45 PM

         "So what, you fell in love at  first sight with her?" I asked as I raised a brow. He chuckles and shakes his head, his face illuminated by the moonlight somehow made his face and eyes more expressive than the usual. "I don't believe in that kind of stuff Jennie, love at first sights are only make believe stories," he states as he locks his dark brown orbs with mine, the same pair of eyes that seemed to be deeper than the void and yet scintillating than the sun. His raven locks in a flurry as a sudden gust of wind rushed from the south, making my own brunette waves being blown away in the direction; some of my tresses floated in front of my eyes, hiding Leo from my vision.

I was about to tuck it behind my ear when I felt a hand cradling my right cheek and then slowly glide it over to my forehead until he reached over my stray locks and tucked it behind my ear, the action screamed endearing and affectionate. We locked eyes yet again, his eyes displaying pure emotion of warmth and adoration, despite the complete darkness surrounding us, with the moon and stars our only light source I could clearly see his eyes unveiling pure emotion of warmth, adoration,

and.... 

Vulnerability.

My heart melted at the sight. God, how could he be so dear...

Without even speaking, we are already communicating through our eyes, unleashing our emotions all together. He leaned closer, until our faces are only a mere inch, I sucked in a breath; feeling like there was no oxygen all of a sudden. My eyes flicker from his eyes to his plump lips then back up only to see him doing the same thing, his eyes are on my lips then trail back up to meet mine and then without wasting anymore time, his lips was on mine, grazing it into a slow but sweet kiss.  His hand that previously tucked my hair skimmed from my ear, to my jaw and then finally landed on my nape, his thumb stroking the skin just under my ear in a gentle touch, pulling me gently into him, as if he was afraid I'd disappear and vanish into thin air. I clung my hands to his chest, gripping his shirt. He reached his free hand on mine, drawing circles on my wrist as our lips moves in sync and in complete harmony. 

We finally pulled away, my eyes closing and trying to even out my breathing and when I finally opened my eyes, Leo was staring at me with the same glint of adoration and warmth. He smiled, making his squeezable cheeks rise up, "but I feel like... when I'm with you I might believe in those stupid cliché stories." he states and lightly brushed his lips on my nose before pulling away, removing his hand from my nape and making me retrieve my hands from his chest back to my lap, his other hand followed my hands and grasped it. My heart was leaping out from my body to the moon and back.

"So, do you want me to continue?" he asked, his hand playing with mine. I nod in reply as I interlock our fingers.

Flashback

         It's already been a week since I arrived in the Philippines and staying with the Balinger family. They're a kind family, too kind for my liking and maybe even naïve. I'm officially starting school on Monday and today is Friday and let me tell you I'm not anticipating it. If I got into a lot of trouble back home in Thailand there's no telling it wouldn't be the same in here. "Fuck, I might be stuck in this place forever if I won't play being the saint for 5 months." I muttered under my breath, internally cussing the girl who got me into this mess.

For the pass week, I didn't call my parents, I'm still mad at them of how easily they gave away their son to a family of strangers just because of how easily Chai convinced them and neither did I communicated to the Balingers, only when it's essential. The only persons I talked to for the past week were my sister and David, they're the only reason how I managed to stay sane. I got off  my bed and opened the door of  "my room" only to bump into something making me step back a little from the collision. I groaned, "Could you watch it!?" I hissed.