The Ties That Bind

Börja om från början

"Oh."

"Its your sister. It seems urgent."

I roll my eyes and put the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"I need you Blair," Bonnie says.

"You promised not to ask for any favors. I told you id help you that once and it was kind of forced on me by gra-"

"Its mom. I need your help to go see mom."

I stay silent for a second, "Why would I want to see that witch?"

"Don't you want to just see her?"

"No. She left dad after they took me in. I rather lick my shoe. Besides dad doesn't know I am alive why would I want to see her? I know not shit about her."

"Blair I need you for this."

"Oh my gosh okay. Pick me up from the grill geez."

I hang up and Walter puts the milkshake infornt of me and takes the phone, "Special milkshake for you. Birthday cake flavor," Walter says.

"Thanks Walter," He walks away. "Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me." I blow the fake candle and drunk out the straw.

Gilbert Residence...

Bonnie hangs up the phone and starts helping Elena search through a pile of driver license records for Bonnie's mother Abby. They're looking through the records of everyone who is named Abby Bennett, "Los Alamitos?" Elena gives Bonnie the record for a woman named Abby Bennett Wilson.

"Too old," Bonnie says.

"Honolulu?"

"I wish. How many of these are there?"

"A lot. I asked the sheriff's office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country."

"I know we haven't been able to really...that things had been weird, because of Jeremy, so, thank you for helping me with this. I know you have a lot to deal with."

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie."

"I just wish you would understand how it feels. I don't have my sister and the one time I do its only for something like this. I feel bad for her all the time."

"I see. Bonnie something is up with Blair. You should talk to her after all this."

"I will. It's surreal. Having to track down a woman, who bailed on her own kids."

"You know, you don't have to, right? Let Stefan obsess over opening up the coffin. It doesn't have to fall on you."

"The coffin is spell shut. That makes it a witch problem. So it does fall on me. I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later. This won't be as hard for me as it will be for Blair. She didn't have a mom in her life at all besides grams."

Damon enters the house holding a manilla folder in his hand, "Sooner. Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital, graduated at Mystic Falls High...blah blah blah," Damon says. Damon hands Bonnie the folder and she opens it and looks at the driver's license record. "A little compulsion helps sped up the research process."

"This is her."

"Yep. Road trip. I call shotgun," Damon says.

"Yea-No. Blair is coming," Elena says.

"Still space for me."

"No."

"Want me to hang out in the back with you?"

"You're not coming, Damon."

"Why? I'm the one who found her."

"Okay, Damon. Look. Bonnie and Blair hasn't seen their mom in over fifteen years. We don't need your snarky commentary narrating the experience," Damon and Elena look at each other for a long time.