The New Deal

Old Witch House...

Bonnie is walking through the woods. She walks into the old abandoned house where the witches were burned. There are voices whispering all around her. She goes into the basement and sees that there are four coffins there. She walks toward the coffin that is held up higher than the rest of them and opens it. Klaus is inside, holding Elena's necklace. Bonnie reaches out to grab it, but she hears a noise behind her and turns around. She wakes up in her bed.

Mystic Falls...

Elena is jogging through Mystic Falls. She checks her watch to see what her time was. She turns around and sees a man in a hoodie running towards her. She turns back around and starts running again. The man continues to follow her. Elena turns a corner and speeds up. After a while, she stops running and looks behind her. The man is gone. She calms down and turns around, when she walks straight into the man who was following her, "Excuse me. Should have been watching where I was going," Tony says.

"Don't worry about it," Elena says.

"Have a nice day," He jogs away, Elena watches him go.

Mystic Grill...

Elena and Bonnie are sitting at a table, "I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time," Elena sighs.

"You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him. And he has Blair. We don't know what they could be planning," Bonnie says.

"Why haven't they made a move? There has been no sign of him or her. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat."

"The same dream?"

"Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird."

"What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like...you know...witch dream?"

"It's just stress. I'll figure it out. And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

"He betrayed us Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone."

"How is Damon handling it?"

"Damon is...Damon."

Damon and Alaric are sitting at the bar. Damon has lots of different alcohol bottles in front of him. Alaric is reading something, "Oh, I give you a choice. Bloody Mary or Screwdriver. Brunch in a bottle. Come on Ric, I can't drink all this by myself. I mean I can but then somebody's getting naked," Damon looks at the female bartender. She looks back smiling. "Oh man I can't believe you're making me drink alone."

"I'm busy," Alaric says.

"It's the eve of Klaus-ageddon. You're doing homework?"

"This may come as a shock but I am not here to hang out with you. I'm here to see Jeremy. Who is an hour late for his shift."

"Kids today...Where are their values?"

Alaric puts Jeremy's mid-term paper on the counter which has the title "American History 201". It has an "F" grading on it, "That's his mid-term paper. Copied it straight off the Internet. Didn't even try to hide it."

"Ohh, somebody's getting grounded."

"Did you say you are waiting for Jeremy-as in Jeremy Gilbert?" The bartender asks.

"Yeah," Alaric nods.

"He was fired last week."

"Oops," Damon tries not to laugh. Alaric looks away from the bar and sees Elena at a table.