The Reckoning

Mystic Falls High School...

It's nighttime. The school is empty. Matt is using a bench-press machine in the weight room. He stops for a rest and hears a noise. He gets up and walks through the school. He finally enters a classroom. It's dark inside, and when he steps inside he sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turns on the light. Tyler, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie are here setting the traps, "Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline yells.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asks Matt.

"Clearly," Matt answers.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year," Caroline smiles.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena says passing him toilet paper.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie rolls her eyes.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..." Caroline explains.

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena shrugs.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler takes his bag and leaves. Elena's about to leave too.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie stops her.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," Elena smiles. Caroline smiles too.

"I love you!" Caroline screams.

Elena goes out of the classroom and sees Tyler giving instructions to other students while he hands them rolls of saran wrap, "Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go," Tyler orders. Elena laughs and opens some double doors, then finds herself face-to-face with Klaus.

"There's my girl," Klaus smirks.

"Klaus!" Elena turns around and tries to run, but he's already in front of her.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Damon's Car...

Damon and Katherine are in a car. He's driving, "Are you hungry? Let's stop for a bite. A truck stop. Or a trucker," Katherine smirks.

"Oh, stop being cute," Damon jokes.

"It's not possible."

"We've been driving around aimlessly for hours. Where are we going?"

"Far enough away so that you can't go running back."

"Not to worry. Mystic Falls and I are on a bit of a break."

"You and Mystic Falls, or you and Elena?"

"Let's just say Elena and I are having a bit of difference of opinion on how I should behave."

"Ooh. Let me guess...Elena wants you to be the hero, and you don't like playing pretend."

"Something like that."

"Her loss. How about Blair?"

"What about Blair."

"Do you love her?"

"I loved her. She's dead and sometimes I wish she wasn't," They kiss but Damon finally pushes her off of him. "What are you doing?"

"I thought I'd give it a shot. Truth is, you just don't do it for me anymore."