Chapter Twenty One

Seven months and two weeks.

when harry was outside he stood there for a moment, wondering what he could do now.

the pack house was surrounded by woods so he couldn't walk, he didn't even know where he was, he could be in a whole different state and he wouldn't know.

he definitely didn't think this through.

he was about to pull out his phone to at the very least find out where he was when he heard footsteps approaching him.

"so you're out here?" harry turned to see charlotte standing near the door to the house with her arms crossed across her chest.

Harry looked at her oddly before answering. "why?"

"everyones looking for you. guess no ones smart enough to look outside."she told harry, walking closer to him.

she observed him carefully. his eyes were bloodshot, his lips a shade darker from being bitten and his cheeks were wet with tears.

she furrowed her eyebrows, now standing in front of him.
"whats wrong?"

harry was actually surprised that she looked as worried as she did.

although she apologized and they had that conversation a while back it was hard for harry to tell where he stood with the girl.

"just- i think Louis is mad at me." saying it outloud deepened his frown and he looked down at his hands, trying not to wind himself back up again. "i was going to just go see my mom, and my sister." he admitted.

charlotte was quiet for a moment before sighing. "i knew my brother would fuck up sooner or later." she mumbled, more to herself than anything.

"he goes on these episodes every now and again, whenever something big is happening in his life. like you and the twins. basically he's just really irritable and usually he does a whole lot of killing- which makes him feel better. his temper is still hot though. i guess someone should have warned you." she ran her fingers through her hair, looking around for a moment.

harry listened to her intently. he already figured there was something else going on, so this didn't really surprise him.

"well i suggest you just call them. he'll go ballistic if you leave by yourself without telling anyone." she told him, patting his arm.

harry was about to say something else when he heard louis yelling from inside the house.
"how the fuck did a bunch of werewolves, witches, and vampires, let a pregnant eighteen year old boy leave the house!?"

his voice was powerful and angry and harry grimaced.
"you think i'll be in trouble?" he asked charlotte who had a small smile on her lips.

"probably not." she laughed gently before motioning for him to follow her. "lets go before he gets mad."

harry's eyes widened in disbelief and just a bit of amusement.
this was not him being mad?

the two walked into the house, almost immediately all eyes turned to them, some relieved, some angry- probably because they'd just gotten yelled at just for harry to be right outside.

"louis you can calm down, i've got your baby momma. we were just talking." charlotte told her brother, purposely leaving out the part where harry tried to leave.

louis didn't say anything for a moment, just letting out a short breath- relieved that harry was okay.

harry offered a small smile, but it was obviously forced.
it wasn't that he was scared of Louis now (well anymore than he'd always been), he just wanted to be cautious- not knowing whether he'd blow up or not.