Chapter twelve

Five months

Me and Louis leave the appointment, both handling the news differently.
My tactic was to cry, and that's what I've done, faithfully for about 30 minutes. Louis.. I wasn't sure what he was doing, his expression was the same as usual but he wouldn't let me go.
I don't know if this is his way of affection, or he was being protective or what, but he kept me close to him for the entirety of the appointment, and even now as we made our way to the car I was safely tucked under his strong arm and pulled securely to his side.

I wasn't complaining, I actually really liked this, the closeness, his arm around me, being so close that I could look up and see the very few imperfections on his face.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and yawned. I wasn't too tired but a nap wouldn't hurt.

"Want me to take you home, so that you can sleep." Louis voice was low and I shivered just slightly. I just shook my head. "No, my mom is home and I really don't want to hear her lecture me about you. She has work later tonight, you can drop me off then.. I mean, if that works for you?" I asked looking up at him.

He held me tighter and clicked his teeth. "That's fine."

When we reached the car he finally let me go so I could get in the car.
After our seatbelts were on Louis started driving. "You can... nap at my house for a little. If your comfortable with that I guess. Perrie will be there. S'not her house but she's always there." He chuckled but it seemed forced.
"It's not made up either, I just moved there. Not a lot of furniture. There is a mattress there, so.. you can sleep on it." Louis didn't look from the road, thankfully and I just realized how carefully he always drives.
I smiled to myself, I never took him for the slow driving type.
He cleared his throat and I remembered he'd asked a question.
"Oh! That's fine. Yeah. Perrie... blonde-ish hair? She's fine." I said quickly. And yeah, oddly enough I was comfortable with this perrie girl, at least that's how I remember it. She was really nice and came off as comforting when my nerves were at an all time high.

I leaned my head against the cold window of the car and didn't even realize when I'd fallen asleep.

-

"Wake up, Harry. Harry.. Get up." I opened my eyes and could see a blurry Louis hovering above me.

I squinted a bit and blinked rapidly waiting for my vision to clear up. "Huh?" I looked around and saw I was in a room, I could just barely make out a figure that I somehow knew was perrie.

Louis helped me sit up and stood in front of me, where I was sitting on a mattress. "You fell asleep in the car but I carried you in here. It's been a few hours so I wanted to know if you were hungry or something."

I let out a yawn stretching my arms above my head as I nodded. "Yeah, I kinda want fast food." I Said hesitantly because I wasn't sure if he would be mad that I was being difficult.

I was surprised when he just nodded and grabbed his keys. "You gonna tell me what you want or are you coming?" I sat up from the bed quickly and got dizzy at first. I felt Louis support my back and help me settle myself and I smiled gently, pressing my hand against my stomach lightly.

-
I happily ate my four for four on the car ride home rubbing my swollen belly, every now and then I'd feel a kick and couldn't help but giggle. I don't know which baby it is but one of them likes Wendy's a lot.

When we got back to Louis house I grew tired again. I really like sleeping now. I walked in the house and for the first time I could actually see the inside of the house. Louis wasn't lying when he said it wasn't furnished. Only thing I could see is a fridge and a stove in the kitchen and a coffee table in the middle of an empty room which I assumed would be the living room.