chapter twenty

seven months and 2 weeks

"and how are the pains, on a scale from one to ten." perrie asked harry as she gently pressed onto his stomach trying to provoke some movement from the twins.

harry thought for a moment. "eh back pains are about a 7, the kicking is like 8." he tried to be as honest as he could, there was no use in lying.

perrie retracted her hand. "probably shouldn't wake them up then." she said offering a small, sympathetic smile.

harry appreciated it. "yeah, they'll be up soon dont worry." he laughed lightly, looking at Louis who just walked in.

truthfully he hadnt seen much of louis recently.
he thought they had gotten closer in the last view months but recently it was like Louis had been avoiding him, for some reason.

he wanted to ask what that was about, to know if he did anything wrong, but he didn't want to come off clingy.

he also didn't have the energy to do much of anything recently, the twins using up most of it.

so he left it alone, waiting for Louis to just come around and start acting like he cared about harry again, because right now, he felt a lot like a burden.

Louis didn't even spare a glance harrys way which made his chest tighten. he wasn't sure if louis just made him extra emotional or if it was the babies- either way he felt like shit in the moment.

louis pulled perrie out of the room and they began talking amongst themselves, leaving harry in the room alone, wondering what they were talking about.

a few minutes later they both walked back in and louis stood at the entrance of his room watching perrie who placed her hand on the center of harrys back.

she closed her eyes, mumbling a spell to herself and like all the other times, his back was cold, then hot, and then he felt the bones cracking.

it made him feel so much better.

"what are doing with him?" louis asked perrie, still not looking at harry who frowned.

It was irrational, didn't know why but louis calling him him really bothered him. and he knew, even as he allowed himself to get mad about it that it was really petty. him wasnt even an insult or anything. but he would have to just blame it on his hormones.

"He has a name."

both perrie and louis looked at harry in somewhat shock.

the said boy, immediately regretting what he said when he saw the way Louis eyes narrowed, turning a slightly darker color. something he recognized they did when he was angry.

"excuse me?" his voice was dangerously low and harry shook his head, throat closing up so he couldn't talk. He wanted to, wanted to stick up for himself but he couldn't. It was a fear he'd hadn't felt in a while that froze him.

he cowered in on himself, needing to be away from Louis who had began to walk closer to him.

"you'll do well to fix your tone when you're talking to me, human." he snarled at the younger boy who nodded frantically, swallowing back the lump in his throat. His chest hurt. It had been a while since he'd thought louis hated him, a while since he talked to harry like his mere existence was an inconvenience. Hearing that tone from him, a man he was ready to raise children with regardless of the unromantic circumstances, hurt.

perrie seemed to have snapped out of her state of shock and rushed over to the two pulling louis away and towards the door. "what the fuck is wrong with you louis?"

the hybrid shook himself out of her grip a low growl coming from the back of his throat. "don't touch me."

perrie narrowed her own eyes at louis, not believing the way he was acting towards harry. "i don't know what your problem is today but you need to think about what your anger could do to the people around you." she pointed towards the boy who watched the conversation with wide eyes that were rimmed red and wet from tears he refused to shed. his face was flushed and his hands trembled as he rubbed his belly, something that kind of helped him calm down.

louis eyes softened for a moment as he took in harrys expression before swiftly hardening again. he gave Perrie one last harsh look before walking away.

perrie scoffed and watched louis as he walked out the door. once he was gone she made her way to harry who seemed on the brink of tears. "hey, are you okay?"

harry bottom lip trembled and he brought his fists up to harshly wipe away the tears that managed to fall from his eyes. "i.. i want to go home." he finally said. He couldnt do this. Couldn't live to fear the next time louis got angry, or had a shit day and decided the human should pay for it.

perrie frowned as she tried to comfort him by rubbing her hand up and down his arm. "please harry don't think too much about how he's acting right now, theres something going on with him i think."

he ignored her, he felt his chest tighten with emotion before he let out a pitiful sob. he tried not to break down though, catching the tears as they began to fall. "i just— i want to see my family right now."

perrie was silent for a moment before she sighed. "louis will throw a fit if i let you leave."

this made him more emotional and she saw that. "alright, let me go talk to liam and zayn. see if they can drop you off for a little." she negotiated, smiling softly when harry nodded in agreement.

but as soon as she walked out of the room he was on his feet, he wasnt dumb he knew louis wouldn't allow him to leave, no matter what liam or zayn said. if anything they'd convince him to say, that or he'd convince himself to stay.

it wasn't like he'd be gone forever he just- he couldn't be around louis right now.

he knew louis had to be not in his right mind to act like that but it didnt change the fact that he could get mad like that at any moment. not even just him- everyone in the house. and he- being a human would forever be at a disadvantage.

this just reminded him that the pack house was a house of vampires, werewolves, witches and a hybrid. not regular people like he'd let himself think.

these people could rip him and his babies to shreds if they'd like. all it took was one person who didn't like him and harry would be completely defenseless.

that being said he knew there was some people who wouldn't hurt him. perrie, fizzy, despite his actions today- louis, and even charlotte.

the point wasn't that he thought the house would turn against him and murder him, it was that they could that really scared him.

he just needed some time away- it wouldn't be forever he just needed a break. he needed to be around humans for a little bit.

so on that note harry walked out of his- louis room, into the halls of the pack house.

surprisingly there wasn't really anyone around, making it easy as fuck to slip out of the house.