Chapter eleven

Five months.

As I walked to the car with Louis besides me I could feel the burden of eyes burning holes in my back. I wasn't worried about my friends though, they'd get over it. What i was mainly focused on though was Louis.

I smiled to myself at the thought. I remembered the way his eyes lit up when the baby kicked, how he fought a smile. Afterwards he tried to act cold. He glanced at my friends who just stood and stared, before walking away. I paid them no mind though, instead jogging to catch up with my hybrid baby daddy.

We didn't talk as the two of us climbed in the car, but I felt comforted somehow.

I sighed blissfully just enjoying the moment. I knew Louis would still be cold after today, but the high of sharing that moment together was still there.

It was a nice feeling, knowing that our babies was something that dissolved all the hostility between us. I mean, it wasn't like I thought everything would be rainbows and sunshine from now on, but I could see that at the very least Louis seemed to be growing on the whole babies idea. I wasn't mad about how long it took him to act this way because even I took a while to accept it and they were growing in me.

Louis clearing his throat tore me from my thoughts, and I finally realized the car was moving. I turned to look at him but his gaze wasn't on me, he was thankfully looking at the road but I could tell he was still paying attention to me.
"You.. nervous for the appointment?" He asked. His voice was emotionless enough, but I could tell he was trying.

I pursed my lips, looking down at my round belly. "Out of my mind." I giggled softly. "You?"

I saw him shrug, turning his lips slightly. "I... you know. I don't get nervous." He tapped against the steering wheel mindlessly.

I moved my gaze and saw his leg bounce. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. " you sure about that?" I wondered.

Louis shook his head. "Certain."

—-
"Nice to see you Mr. Styles,Mr. Tomlinson." The doctor greeted us with a warm smile.

I tried to smile, but couldn't, instead I held my hands together trying to stop them from shaking.

"Okay Harry, if you could lay up here. You know the drill." She gave me a comforting grin, or tried to.

I nodded, with shaky hands putting my hair up in a bun. I wasn't sure why, I just always played around with my hair when I was nervous, pulling it up, randomly and taking it down.

I looked at Louis, for any type of... well anything. But he was just staring blankly into space. I shrugged figuring he was nervous.

I laid on my back raising my shirt to reveal my stomach.

The doctor got everything ready before squirting the gel onto my bump. 
The cold didn't faze me, I just watched the screen carefully, waiting for my twins to show up. 

My hands lay on my sides, and I couldn't stop them from shaking. What if something was wrong? What if they were hurt or...
I inhaled deeply, I could felt the tears well up and I can't believe I'm making myself cry.

The doctor looked at me. "Okay Harry, you've gotta calm down okay.. everything will be fine, it's just like always yeah? Just extra information." She placed the wand on my belly moving it around a bit. "Dad if you could try and comfort him.. it'll help. Him winding himself up like this could effect the twins position." She said as she tried to find them on the sonogram.
Louis eyes widened and he glanced at me and saw how scared I looked. I could feel myself getting anxious, and I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't.

"Right.." for someone who said they never get nervous he looked ready to shit himself.

I felt him grab my hand, and I froze for a moment. I looked at him and he nodded his head once sending me a small smile.
I smiled back and tried to breath evenly, his hand surprisingly helping.

The doctor cleared her throat and the two of us looked at her.
"Okay guys. So I'll tell you how they are doing and then the genders. Alright?" We nodded and she continued.
"So your twins are about 11 inches tall, and about a pound in weight. Now a bit smaller than usual twins but not to worry, they'll hopefully gain the weight in a few months, if not it isn't a big deal. But do try to eat a bit more okay?" I immediately nodded feeling a strong sting in my heart at the thought of hurting my babies. I smiled gently when i felt Louis squeeze my hand.

"The twins have there faces now, though they are thinner than newborns, through out the last few months of the pregnancy they will gain fat and fill out. Their skin is wrinkled and the lanugo [soft hairs that cover their bodies] have gotten darker. By now your babies have distinct eyes and lips. Their milk teeth are already developed and, they'll even have the tooth buds for their permanent teeth in there as well.
Major organs have matured significantly, including the lungs. Your babies aren't using their lungs yet, but they're already practicing breathing motions.

At this stage of pregnancy, your babies are entertaining themselves by listening to your heartbeat and the various sounds that they can now discern. They can hear your voice and the sounds your body makes.
They can even make out loud sounds in the world around you." The doctor finished and like before I tried clinging to every word. I mean I wanted to know as much about the babies as I could but i was just confused. I felt kinda dumb when I looked up and Louis looked all caught up.
I didn't really think of it that much, suddenly remembered what was today. Gender reveal.
I looked at the screen trying to see if I could tell, but I saw nothing. I had real trouble finding babies in sonograms.
"About the genders... so baby number one... this one here." She pointed to something and I squeezed Louis hand this time. "Is a... boy!" I felt my heart speed up and I felt the tears again. God I'm such a cry baby
A boy..
"Baby number two.. well, congratulations boys. You have one of each."
I let out a sob and I sat up quickly pulling Louis into my arms so I had someone to sob into. He surprisingly comforted me and I could feel how tense he was.
" we are having a boy and a girl." He finally spoke and I grinned holding him tighter and
For the first time I felt like a normal family.

—-
Okay so I wrote this in a day so sue me if it's terrible 😭😢