Chapter eight

Four months

"c'mon Harry, wake up."

Harry groaned rolling over on his back, but didn't open his eyes.

He faintly heard Gemma laugh besides him.
"C'mon you have a doctor's appointment today." That seemed to get his attention, and seconds later he opened his eyes squinting them at Gemma.

"I thought mom was bringing me?" He asked missing the sympathetic look Gemma threw him.

"Yeah- She, uh. She asked if I could take you.. something about being busy or something." She mumbled seeing her brothers face fall.

" Oh. " They both knew Anne wasn't busy, but just didn't want to take Harry, but neither said it.

Harry knew shed be mad but he didn't think she'd avoid him. It felt horrible.

"Let me get dressed. I'll be out in a bit."
--

Harry ended up putting his hair in a bun, putting on a pair of leggings and a black tee shirt that rose slightly on it's own. He frowned at that, because he knew he was big, and his clothes would stop fitting but it still upset him. Everything was happening so quick and he could keep up. It was like just yesterday he was baby-less, getting drunk at that stupid party.

He left the room after slipping on a pair of flip flops and grabbing his phone.

Gemma was waiting outside his room patiently when he opened his door, and he sent her a small smile. "Thanks for this gem."

She scoffed playfully "this is for my nieces not you."

Harry laughed. "Nieces?"

" Aunties intuition. " She shrugged.

" Well I'm the mo- father and I think it's a boy. " He blushed at his almost slip up hoping Gemma didn't notice.

"Mom?" And of course she did.

Harry blushed embarrassed that he almost called himself a mom.
"Y-yeah. I... I- just, I get confused.. n-not that I want to be called Mom, cuz I don't. T-that would be crazy. " He giggled nervously.

Gemma grinned nudging him. " You know, if you want-"

"I don't.. want " he cut her off, eyes trained to the floor.

Gemma raised both hands in surrender. "I believe you, just want to let you know I support no matter what."

Harry winced at that because he knew his sister and he knew she didn't believe him. "Yeah."

When they went outside they were both startled to see none other that Louis Tomlinson waiting on their doorsteps.

Gemma froze besides Harry who furrowed his eyebrows. "Louis? What are you..."

"You didn't think I'd miss your appointment right?" His grin was wide but anything but welcoming. It was incredibly creepy actually.

"Right.. okay." He turned to Gemma who stared at Louis in almost awe.

"You still want to go? With him?" He asked his sister.

Louis rolled his eyes. "I don't bite love."

Harry glared at him because, yeah, that's exactly what you do.

Gemma just nodded slowly.
"Yeah course."

Louis, surprisingly didn't have a car, with the whole super speed Harry guessed he didn't need one. So they took Gemmas car and for some reason Louis was driving.

Harry was in the passenger and Gemma was in the backseat.

"Seatbelt?" Louis asked before he started the car.

Harry flushed lightly, putting his on, turning to see Gemma had hers on too. "You?" He asked noting that Louis neglected to put his on. .

"Don't need one."

"Right."

___

"So, is this dad?" The doctor asked glancing at Louis with squinted eyes. She wasn't sure why she felt like he was familiar.

Harry nodded, hoping that she didn't know who he was.

She suspected, but she didn't know, so she just smiled warmly. "Nice to meet you." And then the appointment started.

Harry winced at the cold gel, watching the doctor use the wand to get the picture of his babies to appear.

When they did he felt his heart swell, and couldn't help but to glance up to see Louis reaction which was not what Harry expected.

Half of him wanted Louis to be happy when he saw it, but the other half that remembered how long it took for him to appreciate his little blessings thought he'd be angry. Like he always was.

Harry couldn't figure out if this one was better or worse.

His attention was definitely on the ultrasound but his eyes were distant. His jaw was clenched and his face was expressionless.

His ringed fingers clenched tightly onto the side of the medical bed when his eyes briefly met Harry's.

The younger boy frowned, but chose not to dwell on it too much.

"So, anything new?" He asked quietly.

She shook her head. "No, they are the same, growing progress is slow for four months. But nothing worth worrying over." She assured when seeing Harry's wide eyes. Gemma smiled at the news patting her brothers shoulder. "that's good."

"Yeah, and hopefully next time we will be able to find out the gender of your little ones. You want to know yes?" She asked looking at Harry and Louis for an answer.

Both shrugged and she smiled. "That's fine you have some time to discuss. Three pictured again?"

Harry thought for a second glancing at Louis who was already looking at him.

"No, five this time. Please."

She nodded using a towel to wipe off the gel, allowing Harry to roll down his shirt, that stopped right below his belly button.
"Coming right up."

__

Gemma had already gone inside the house giving the two boys some privacy at the door steps.
After the appointment they went out for breakfast, At ihop, mostly for Harry, and now they are home.

Harry shuffled on his feet nervously, debating on how to begin the conversation.

"Here. I-I uh, didn't know if you'd want one or not... You don't have to take it but.. yeah " Harry said with pink cheeks holding out the ultrasound.
Louis glanced at it with pursed lips, watching Harry's face fall as he shifted. He gave Harry a reassuring smile that looked more like a grimace before taking the picture. "Thanks Harry."

Harry gave him a tight lipped smile in response sighing in releif. He took it. That's a good sign right?

"Will you be attending the next one?" He asked.

"Pretty sure. Yup "

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"You said that."

"I know."

"Goodbye."

"Bye."

And with that Harry walked inside his house sighing dreadfully knowing he needed to talk to his mother about their current situation.

___
A/N: chapter eight😋😋 I know my updated are inconsistent and slow but i didn't have internet except on the weekend. I do now though so that should help.

So just a but of a filler but hope you enjoyed reading and look forward to the next update.

Anyway.

Vote share comment comment

Ax