Mycroft oneshot - *Prompt 15*

A/n- This part was inspired by the prompt "wow... you look so different... it's a good different." from my prompts chapter 😁 enjoy xx
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mycroft -

For weeks, Mycroft had been planning a trip to his parents house with you. After countless phone calls, jotting in diaries and highlighting calendars, the date was set and Mycroft was dreading it...

"My parents said I should dress casually. What does that even mean?"

You smiled and gave a soft chuckle as you grasped your boyfriend's hand.

"Well, your parents do live in the country Mycroft, a three piece suit isn't exactly practical attire for hiking through mud and fields of sheep..."

He sighed and straightened his tie (which seemed to be a subconscious habit he developed whenever he felt uncomfortable) before kissing you on the forehead and standing up from the bed on which you both sat.

"Well... I suppose I should go shopping for something 'casual' then..." he winced as he said the word. Mycroft had never been casual in his life. Even his pyjamas were ironed and pressed every night!

"Actually Myc... you don't..."

"What do you mean (y/n)?"

"Well..." you bit your lip and rose from the bed before making your way over to your wardrobe. You knelt down and dug through a few boxes and pulled out a large bag. You walked over and placed it in his hands.

"And this is?..." he inquired.

"It's a casual outfit..." you stated, physically restraining yourself from jumping with excitement. "I bought it for you a while ago but never gave it to you... ive ALWAYS wanted to see how you would look in more casual clothes but I know how much you love suits... you have no idea how long I've waited for this!..."

Mycroft inhaled sharply through his nose and let out a long, low whistle. He peeked into the bag and rolled his eyes, not in a rude way, but you knew he wasn't going to enjoy this.

"Very well (y/n). Anything for you..."

You squeaked a tiny bit and clapped your hands excitedly as you bounded over to the bed, throwing yourself down to await the reveal. Mycroft walked, rather hesitantly, into your ensuite bathroom to change.

A few minutes passed.

"You alright in there Mycroft?"

"I- I uh. I..."

You were a little worried. Mycroft was never speechless. "Are you going to show me?..." you called to him. There were a few seconds of silence until you saw the door swing open...

You instantly sat up from your slouchy anticipation and widened your eyes as he stepped back into the bedroom. His mouth was straight, resisting either a smile or a frown as he awaited your approval. Your own mouth, however, twisted into a curious smile as you crossed your legs and leaned forward, resting your chin on your palm.

"wow... you look so different... it's a good different."

Mycroft cleared his throat with a dignified cough before going to place his hands loosely in his pockets.

"You... you think it suits me?" He said with a slight tone in his voice which clearly highlighted how self conscious he felt. "You don't think it makes me look clumsy?... because it is hard for a man to pull off a thick cardiagn, especially considering my height and my stature and-"

"Mycroft!..." you cut him off before he could spiral his words into convincing himself into changing. "It looks great on you... I would tell you if it didn't, you know that" you smiled and put your hand on his chest. "This is even better than I was expecting!" (Your excitement was clearly beginning to bubble up now). There was something mystifying about feeling his heartbeat through his ribs... you stepped closer still and snaked your arms round his torso until he was locked in place in the hug. You closed your eyes and submerged yourself in the warm feeling of his new clothes against your cheek. You focused intensely on how he felt; how his body dissolved into your own. He felt amazing...

Mycroft had never been skinny like Sherlock but since his early childhood, he had never been fat either. He was that happy medium where he was soft to hug but still looked sleek as fuck in a three piece suit. There was nothing at all that you would change about his appearance because, to you, he was perfect exactly as he is. Suit or no suit, his body was perfect for you and couldn't even fathom how he thought he didn't look good in his new, relaxed attire. You squeezed harder for a moment, before murmuring into his chest:

"You look good Myc... and it pains me so much that you don't see that like I do..."

You released your intense grip and leaned back -hands still on his waist- to try to decipher his facial expression.

"Let's just enjoy our time at your parent's house ok?..."

"Ok precious... I'm glad you like it."

Mycroft nodded softly and hugged you, allowing your face to once again take pride of place against his torso.

---

Mycroft's casual outfit:

-----------------------------------------------------------A/n- I actually love this cardigan so much! He would look so soft! 🥰☺

A/n- I actually love this cardigan so much! He would look so soft! 🥰☺