Writingmas - Day 12!

Mycroft oneshot- advent calendars

In your living room, above the stone fireplace, you and Mycroft always adorn the mantle with an advent candle. You just think it looked really pretty when it burns down every day and leaves a different colour of wax spilling over into the pretty dish it sits in. Even though it's pretty and all, you still have one which bests it. Your shared chocolate advent calendar.

"Mycroft... Babe... It's your turn to open it" you cooed from your bedroom ad you tied a towel round your head to absorb the moisture from your shower earlier. You heard the creaking of old floorboards approaching your room and you turned around, smiling, knowing Mycroft would be stood there, in all his perfection.
"You can have it precious, I don't mind" he smiled back at you and approached to place a hug upon you. As he did so, you pulled back ever so slightly with a curious gleam in your damp eyes
"Again? I've had it for three days now. Are you sure?"
Mycroft rubbed your shoulder comfortingly and nodded his head
"Yes precious. It's all yours for all I care, besides, you need it more than I do"
Your face instantly twisted into a patronising grimace and you folded your arms with authority before speaking back.
"I need it?
You repeated with faux confusion as Mycroft still continued to smile through your attempt at dominance.
"Yes. I've noticed you looking a little pasty lately, you could use the extra sugar, to give you energy."
You coughed, slightly offended
"I have plenty of energy than you very much myc!"
With this, his eyes softened slightly and he sighed with a sense of actual grievance. After biting his lip for a brief second, he finally spoke up, spilling out his stone heart for you.
"Look, (y/n). I got the chocolate advent calendar for you... I know you deny it but I can see that you've not had as much energy lately. You're constantly tired, you've lost weight. I'm just really worried about you. I've never felt this strongly for another human before and in damned if I'm going to lose you... The only one besides Sherlock that I truly do care for... Please, if there is anything you want to talk about, I'm here..."
By the end of the emotional rollercoaster Mycroft had just taken you on, you could feel your eyes beginning to well up if their own accord.
"There has been a lot of stress at work recently... Sargent Donovan is being more of a bitch than usual..." You confessed as Mycroft looked on. Your words confirming what he had thought.

"Right!" He stated loudly, making you jump. "I am calling the yard and insisting that Lestrade grants you the day off. I'll stay off too and I can help you get some sleep.... If you'd like that?..." He asked tentatively with a smudge of emotion

"Greg will never let you do that!" You said, concerned that you would get him into trouble for such a far flung call.

"Precious... You forget that I practically control every police department in London... I can get you the day off work" he giggled with slight immaturity  as you gave him a cheeky, childish grin of satisfaction.

"Mycroft! You'd do that for me?..." You gasped, knowing truly that he cares for you more than anything else on the planet. "I love you myc"

"Anything for you precious" he uttered as he pulled you back into the security of the hug he attempted to give you several minutes ago. He truly is the perfect man.