Writingmas - Day 16!

John oneshot- the relatives visit...

You gritted your teeth and masked your face with an animated melodramatic façade as you opened the door to the flat.
"Hiiiii aunt graceee!" You managed to hiss out in the happiest tone you could muster. You absolutely hated your aunt... She was seemingly incapable of doing anything other than being a drag on everyone's mood and insulting people.
"This is your flat?" She said with disgust in her croaky voice "you mother told me you were 'successful' or something to that extent"
With each word she uttered, you could feel your blood slowly beginning to boil. Sensing this, John came up behind you and lovingly placed his hands round your waist and pulling you into a loving hug. You twisted round, smiling, to kiss him as your aunt made her way round the flat, scrutinising it with her bead like eyes.
"So... (Y/n)... How long have you and Tom lived here?"
"Tom?" You replied.
"Yes. The man who is seemingly groping you, have some respect young man!" She shouted regally.
"Excuse me! His name is John! And he isn't GROPING me, I love him very much!" Your anger was beginning to climax now, the rage bubbling up inside you was almost got to burst from your mouth but John's caring approach to the situation managed to cool you off a little. He placed his hands firmly on your shoulders for reassurance before stating
"We've lived here three years now. And I love her very much too"
Aunt grace sat there, bewildered, she didn't think that you would ever get a boyfriend never mind LIVE with them for three years no less.
"Well... You can understand my apprehension, you were an odd child (y/n). Not really interested in boys... More transfixed with magical worlds! And books!"
Just then, grace's phone buzzed in her linen pocket.
"Oh dear love, I have to go, your mother wants me to join her for lunch. Toodleoo"
She then left without even a proper goodbye.
"Thank the Lord she's gone!" You sighed as you flopped down into the chair where she had been sat. John immediately sat next to you and leaned into your shoulder, stroking your leg caringly as he spoke
"Well don't worry about her babe... You have a wonderful life, you are beautiful and have too many people who care about you to get caught up in the comments of those who don't"
You beamed brightly at this comment and shoved yourself even closer to John's body, taking in its homely warmth and sighing with happiness
"I love you John"
"Love you too sweetie"