Writingmas - Day 4!

Greg oneshot - masquerade ball

Greg knows you like the back of his hand. In many ways, he knows you better than you do, which is why he invited you to a masquerade ball held by Scotland Yard in one of the huge ballrooms in London. He knows that one of your favourite things is dressing up in fancy attire and basically showing off to everyone so when he told you, you practically exploded.
"Oh my god Greg thank you!!" You screamed as you grabbed his hands and jumped up and down vigorously. He could tell that you were going to have a brilliant time. He loved being with you too.

-- time skip --

The ball was only three days away and you still hadn't found an outfit. You were beginning to vaguely freak out until Greg stepped in for assistance
"Look, babe... Stop worrying. You'll find something I'm sure of it. And when you do, I don't want to see it! It will be a surprise on the night!"
You smiled and nodded at him before lovingly wrapping your arms around his warm neck and whispering
"You won't be disappointed".
As soon as Greg left the room, you booked an appointment at a local bridal dress shop and later that afternoon, you attended said appointment.
"So what are ya looking for darlin'?" Chirped a kindly looking woman with streaky red hair. By the analysis of her mannerisms, she appeared to be in her mid fifties however, her complexion hinted at a much younger woman.
"Oh" you said, "I'm looking for a ball gown"
The woman of unknown age looked you up and down before questioning
"Any particular colour?"
"Crimson please." You stated with a tone of confidence in your voice, knowing truly that this was the dress colour you wanted.
"Hold on a tick honey... I think I have just the thing!"
She returned minutes later holding a huge white bag with a clothes hanger protruding from the top. She laid it down across a few satin coated chairs and slowly indie the zip. She instantly became aware of the sparkle which ignited within your eyes. she smiled.
"Like it?"
"Like it??! I love it!"
After briefly trying it on and twirling around in the mirror for the remaining time of your appointment, you swiftly purchased the gorgeous gown. Anticipation began to grow and flourish inside of you as you were unutterably excited to wear it in front of Greg.

-- at the ball --

You were there. Ready and waiting. Sat in the taxi. Butterflies emerging in your stomach... Slowly, you raised a hand to pen the taxi door before elegantly stepping out and paying the driver his fare. You took some hesitant deep breaths and began to walk, almost in slow motion towards the entrance. As you stepped inside, time itself seemed to freeze. You locked eyes with Greg and ten to him with open arms.
"On my goodness baby! You look absolutely gorgeous!!" Greg spluttered, very almost lost for words as he admired you in awe.
"Not too bad yourself" you giggled as he wrapped his arms around your waist.
"I love you so much (y/n)."
"I love you too Greg."
"Care for a dance?"
"I'd love to..."

Greg's suit:

Your gown: