Anorexia one shot - (Mycroft)

TRIGGER WARNING: please don't read this if you are easily triggered. I am writing this because one of my friends from school suggested I do it. I can relate to this but I just want to say that you all are beautiful no matter who you are, what you look like, your gender, age, status, ability... You are all beautiful. ❤️

Mycroft-
The flat was quiet. Too quiet. You had been upstairs reading for the past two hours and Mycroft was missing your company. He quite often got lonely on his own, he would reminisce on his time with Sherlock as a child and smile to himself when he thought nobody could see. Finally, he heard the soft pitter patter of your feet hopping down the oak stairs to the kitchen where he had been sat for the past hour cooking soup.
"Enjoying the book?" Mycroft asked smiling as you slid into one of the kitchen barstools.
"Yes thank you. I'm up to chapter twelve. It's so exciting!" You smiled with all your might but somehow it seemed to come across somewhat unenthusiastic. You hoped Mycroft wouldn't notice but you could tell that he did.
"Anyway precious.." He stepped in, changing the subject, "you must be hungry" he smiled and slid a bowl of hot soup across the counter to you which you winced at as the smell of fresh tomato and basil flooded your nostrils.
"Actually I'm fine... I'm going to Angelo's with Mary and John later. Don't want to spoil it" you pushed the soup away from you with a pale arm but Mycroft pushed it straight back.
"Just try it (y/n). You didn't have any breakfast for gods sake..." A slight hint of worry crept over his vision as you swirled the unappetising looking soup round in the bowl like it was alien to you. 'Shit... Please say he hasn't noticed' you thought to yourself as you smiled at him with faux confidence. After five minutes of blind swirling, you  put the spoon back into the bowl and hopped back off the stool.
"Sorry Mycroft, gotta go and get dressed for tonight." You kissed him on the cheek and skipped back upstairs almost silently. Mycroft sighed into your still full bowl of soup and feared the worst...

As the slow night rolled on, Mycroft decided to get changed into his dressing gown and take his mind off the event earlier that day. He plodded up the stairs which he noticed made a much larger creak under his foot than it had done with yours. He headed down the long corridor to his room when your teary voice made him freeze in his tracks. He crept over to your door and peeked through the keyhole to locate the epicentre of the tears. What he heard shook him to the core...
"23 inches... Still not small enough! God, what does Mycroft think? He's probably disgusted by you! Nobody wants to date an elephant like you! You are just a fat loser... You can't compete with Sally Donovan at the yard! Everyone knows Mycroft has a thing for her! It's because she's skinny isn't it? Old twiggy Donovan they call her... I'm such a pig!"
You fell to you knees wearing only your underwear and a thin nightgown. The tape measure you had been holding slipped from your limp fingers ant you wept like a child.

Mycroft swung the door open in absolute horror and pulled you up -with disturbing ease- to your feet
"Oh my god! (Y/n)? What have you done to yourself?!" Mycroft was in tears too as he wrapped his around you freezing, quivering body. He felt you bones jutting out at all angles and your skin was pale as snow.
"How long? How long have you felt this way?" His eyes were stained with tears and soon, his lugs became weak too and you both collapsed into the bed.
"For about 9 months..." You replied weakly. "Sally Donovan called me fat. She said she had no idea why you would agree to go out with a pig like me."
Mycroft hold your face in his hands and wiped your tears away softly with his thumb.
"(y/n).. (Y/n) (y/n)... I would never think that! You have never been fat. You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I love you 100%. I shall give orders to dispatch Donovan from the yard as soon as possible."
"Thank you Mycroft..." You stuttered through the tears.
Mycroft stood you back up onto your feet. It was only then that he could see the full extent of your damage. You were practically emaciated. He encouraged you to get dressed and you hobbled, hand in hand, down to the bathroom.
"I know it's hard (y/n). But I need to weigh you. I need to see how much time you need for recovery."
You nodded unsurely and stepped onto the scales as if they were burning hot coals beneath your feet.
The scales read 105lbs. "My god (y/n) you are at least twenty pounds underweight for your height! How can't you see this?!" You looked up at him through sorry tears and kissed him on the cheek. "Because I'm scarred Mycroft... I'm scarred mentally from the names and the taunts... But, if you really are being truthful, I'm willing to get better... For you."
Mycroft's face bent into a living smile as he kissed you on the forehead before embracing you once again in a warm hug.
"I would never lie to you precious. You are far too skinny, it's not healthy. Even though I still find you just as beautiful, you need to get better or your condition will worsen and I can't face losing you..."
Soon, your face too was bent into a pure smile as you stepped off the scales and whispered. "Well... I believe there is a bowl of soup waiting for me..."

Thanks for reading guys. If you have any questions on this subject, please do not hesitate to ask me. I'm qualified -believe me- and I will do all I can to help. Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved...