Chapter 36: Then I'll Fight

My eyes open.

I'm alone. In a deep purple space. Kneeling.

Standing. Shifting, fragmenting, warping. The space around me changes. Minimizing. Maximizing. My breath is heavy, heaving, hyperventilating. Hands feel strange. Thick air, thin air, no air. Suffocating. Panicking, struggling, dying. Purple to black.

My eyes open.

"Olivia," comes his voice, singing. "Oh Olivia. How I've missed you."

My throat thickens as my heart begins to hammer in my chest, fear spiking and my blood pumping, "Not real." I push my palms into my sockets and rub, knowing this is an illusion. Hoping he isn't real. 

"I am," he says, closer this time. "I'm very much real, just like you. We're here together whether you like it or not, for eternity."

"No," I croak, my body shaking. I curl into a ball, head pressing into my knees, naked with no wings or weapons. Just myself with no protection. Like the day in the corridor. "Please, y-you  can't be real. Y-You're dead."

"Let's be honest Olivia," he says in front of me, yet I'm too afraid to look up. "After that fun day, you know I would never leave you. I visit you when you sleep, during your darkest hours and when you're alone. You'll never be free from me, Flower."

I look up at him, glaring through blurred tears, "Please... no."

Mr Stain only smiles, cocking his head to the side and looking deep into my eyes, "Oh, but yes sweetheart. You and I both know that you liked it. You and I will have so much fun here, where nobody can interrupt. Where nobody but you and I will have some more fun."

"You're dead! You're dead! You're-"

"Alive!"

"Father killed you for what you did."

"He thinks he did darling, yet we both know I lived. I survived, you want to know what kept me going?"

I look at him, a tear slipping.

"The thought of having some more fun with you."

"It was fun for you," I whisper. "Because you are a sick, twisted demon."

"Aren't you sick for enjoying it?"

"I didn't," I mutter as another tear streaks down my cheek. "I hated it. I despised your touch."

"But why?" he pouts, inching closer. "I touched all the right spots."

"Because I didn't want it," I say. "I will never want it, and you will never get to again."

"What? Since you have your little friends by your side?"

"I know better now," I say simply. "I have people."

His brows furrow, "Yet you don't depend on anyone, little princess."

"Only my mother and I discuss that," I mumble, a weird but confident thought striking my mind. "So like I said, you aren't real. You can't touch me. You can't assault me. You can't do anything but haunt me."

"I'm here n-"

 "Yet I'll move on," I continue, ignoring him and talking more to myself than the fake Mr Stain.  "I'll move on and become better, stronger, more powerful. I know now that I don't want to forget you, I want to learn from you. You showed me the worst of the realms, so I thank you for that. Thank you for making me less ignorant, now I know how shit the world can truly be."

"Is this some power move?" he chuckles as I stand up; he mimics. "It isn't this easy."

"I know," I respond. "But I've accepted it's happened now. Just because I can't change what happened, doesn't mean I can't change how I react to the bad now."

"Which is?"

"I know I'm not untouchable," I reply. "I know that the world can hurt me, do horrible things to me and not apologize. So I'm simply going to be prepared on how to stop it from doing just that."

Mr Stain's cheek fractures and splits into a purple streak, "You're just a little, defenseless girl. You didn't do anything then so why now? Why in the future? How do you know you won't scream and cry and do nothing?"

"I did do something," I reply and another crack breaks his face, a chunk leaving his appearance. "I got you off of me. Not Brent, only me. I just didn't know how to, I didn't know how to get out of what was going on."

"After I had my way with you."

"Yet you didn't though, did you?" I ask. "Yes you touched me up, assaulted me but you didn't go all the way. I didn't let you. I stopped you. I'll stop you again and again and again."

"What if you're too scared?"

I smile as I watch him dissolve into the purple, "Then I'll fight."

                                                                                                     -----

"Olivia," Zac breathes in relief, caressing my cheek from the platform rising. "Where the heavens did you come from?"

"I completed the final one," I whisper. "My emotions. It was something I could do only by myself, that's why the jewel didn't take you with me."

Zac blinks in surprise and nods hesitantly, "Yeah, once we touched that thing I woke up on here with Brent."

I whirl around to see Amber laid on the ground, his head cushioned by his mustard cloak, face pale and skeleton looking... off. I swallow the worry forming and release a sigh, "Is he alive?"

"Barely."

"We need to get him help, I'll get him the best doctors if I have to."

Zac blinks in surprise and stares at me strangely, slowly nodding, "Um, yeah. Why are you suddenly helpful?"

"Because he was helpful when I needed him," I reply, yet I feel his question hanging in the air. With what?

We surface from where we descended. Battered, bruised and dirty, Greed's sons and daughters flock to Brent's side, analyzing his condition and demanding help from Gluttony's family. I ignore the fiasco, knowing that Amber will be okay that he is in good hands now and that it isn't to late.

"Daughter," Satan bellows as I walk towards him, his eyes wide as he stares at me. I notice that every demon is staring at me; shock, awe, confusion. 

I fall to my knees and bow my head, watching one of the original demons put away a cylindrical interesting device into a chest, "Father."

"You have proven yourself worthy," The Devil says proudly, hand holding his golden staff with pride. "You have made me proud that you are my daughter. Your problem solving abilities are impeccable, you listened to your men who had ideas in fields you weren't strong with, you took a hold of your emotions and didn't get bested by your fears. You protected the people of your Empire, took risks that could have ended your life but managed to persist. I am proud of your accomplishments. You will rule this Empire well once my reign ends and marry who you wish to marry."

Olivia Green: Envy's Child [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें