Chapter 20: God Can Fuck Off

I can't help but follow mother's gaze, my heart racing from trepidation and nervousness as I slowly trail my eyes to the figure behind me. My throat dries and my breath catches in my throat.

He's over six foot with almond skin and curly dark brown hair, light green eyes and a lean, muscled physique. However what captures my gaze is the pair of greyish white wings that are set on his back, such a divine sight in a hellish place. He wears a black tunic that stops above his knees with gold embroidery, a pair of black trousers and boots. He radiates power, it's difficult to not bow before him; it's embedded in my blood.

"She knows," the fallen angel says, voice smooth and velvety. "We can begin the process."

"No," my mother hisses. "We agreed when she was sixteen and she still has under two months before then. Sending her to that place will be torture."

"What place?" I ask confused. "Where are you sending me? Mother?"

"It is for the best, Envy. She told you herself, her powers are coming through," the Emperor says nonchalantly.

If I'm his daughter, then I'm the only existing child of his. If I couldn't be even more different to everyone else, now I'm the child of our emperor. Fuck.

"Please, Lucifer don't do this," Queen Envy pleads, the first time I've seen my mother remotely passionate about something other than her people. "I know I've not been around her that much, but I know that she'll be a sitting duck if she goes to that place. A lamb to the slaughter."

"I am the Emperor and her father," he says nonplused. "I know what is best for her."

"For heaven's sake!" I exclaim, causing their eyes to snap to me in surprise. "Will someone explain to me what is happening?"

"Olivia," mother says, looking at me with a concerned expression, unlike her usual passiveness that I've grown accustomed to. It makes me anxious. "As you know, our Emperor is a fallen angel. So that makes you, well, half demon and half angel."

"I thought that kills you," I say in confusion. "We did about it in demonology. They just don't mix."

"Firstly I'm a fallen angel, I'm damned," the Emperor says. "But despite this when I have tried to have a child with lower demons it did not work. Therefore I went to your mother for help; it worked."

"Oh," I mutter. "Now that you're actually acknowledging me, what is the process you two were bickering about?"

"Olivia," hisses mother, her eyes flashing in disapproval. "Not the time for attitude."

"It's fine Envy," He dismisses. "I am her father after all, surely I should become accustomed to all her sides. The 'process' we mentioned was sending you to a different school, an angel school."

"Sorry?"

"I said we wish to send you to an angel school—"

"No, no I heard you," I interrupt, forgetting who I'm speaking to again. "I'm just questioning your sanity."

The Emperor looks at me with an expression of curiosity, I suppose he doesn't get spoken like this often. I suppose he should get used to this.

"I came here searching for answers," I look to my mother. "I realise that was a mistake. Not only have I found out something huge," I look to The Devil. "Yet now you're trying to change around my entire life, throw me to an angel school and hope for the best."