Chapter 10: Prince Suck Up of Simp Nation

"What do you mean I have to have crutches?!" I shout at the nurse, a gluttony demon with a rounded face and a ginger bob. "Isn't this supposed to be your expertise? What is the use of your kind if you can't do one basic thing?!"

The nurse flushes hot with anger, not impressed with my words. What? I'm pissed, in pain and my ankle is throbbing. I think I have a fucking excuse.

"She's just in pain," Zac jumps to my defence, guilty as ever. Good. He should feel guilty. I have to be seen with crutches now. "She doesn't like showing weakness, I'm really sorry for her words."

The nurse visibly relaxes a little bit, "I need to move your bones back into place Miss Green. Here, take this, it's a numbing elixir to dampen the pain. You'll still feel it, but trust me, it'll feel a lot better than the actual thing."

I hesitantly take it, smell the small concoction in a green, tiny bottle before swigging it. It tastes like I ate an entire fucking forest. Grimacing, I push it back into her hand forcefully and look at Zac with a deadly glare, "You fucking dickhead."

"I'm so sorry Olivia," he says, rounding from the foot of my bed to my side. "You know I'd never intentionally hurt you, I feel so shit for what's happened. Can I help you in any way? Now or in the future? I'll carry your books, escort you to classes, get you your meals—"

I roll my eyes and huff, "It's fine. I swear if it was anyone else I'd have already plotted their deaths by now."

"Wait," he pauses. "You're not going to kill me?"

"No you cum swallowing, cock gobbling, whore mongering arse wipe. It was an accident you horned cow. Get that into your pea-sized brain before I force it in."

He laughs and takes my hand, a weird gesture and feeling on my part. I look at the interaction and feel my chest warm, brows furrowing at the weird sensations.

"You can break my hand since I broke your ankle," he says with a grim expression. "As long as you're not hitting me in the face then I'm okay."

I scoff and wince as I feel the nurse untie my shoes and slowly slip them off, "Now you're beginning to sound like Charlie."

"I'm still here you know," comes a grumpy sounding voice, the antithesis from Mauve's usual expressions. "It does take two to carry a stretcher you know. I don't see anyone applauding me."

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to give you your golden medal due to my ankle being in the wrong fucking place! But let me stop thinking about the searing hot pain at the base of my right leg for a second and reward your noodle headed self, because you fucking deserve it! Where's the mariachi? Fuck it, let's get a piñata! Zac I need you to organise some strippers- what the fuck?!" I shout as the nurse pops my bones back into place, the hot white pain shoots through my leg.

Zac lets out a pained gasp as I clench his hand really hard, his face contorting into a constipated expression. I can't help it, I begin to laugh. The entire situation mixed with Zac's face just tips me over the edge and the next thing I know I'm belly laughing, an ache forms at the pit of my stomach from guffawing so loud and genuine it's as if my body's not used to the action. Well, it isn't. I don't remember the last time I laughed this hard.

"Olivia?" Zac asks hesitantly, partially worried at my sudden outburst. "Are you okay?"

I continue chuckling at his concern. He should be concerned. If his pained face is like that I can't imagine what his O-face is. I've never seen it.

"She's lost it dude," Charlie says standing up. "Olivia never laughs, she never finds anything funny so there is definitely something wrong with her."